Kindness

Aphrodite~

Chapter 5

What's more difficult than getting all the gods and goddesses on your side?

Getting the King of the Gods persuaded to let Leo rescue Calypso.

I decide to persuade him with charmspeak. I walk up to Zeus one morning with Hephaestus and Athena.

I ask,"Do you think it's fair to keep Calypso imprisoned? She's been there for an eternity already and hasn't disobeyed our orders once."

"I know,"Zeus replies,"but the girl is immortal. She could cause trouble."

I haven't thought of that. Ugh.

Luckily, Athena saves me."Lord Zeus, we can execute the spell that takes immortality away forever."

"And cause disaster with the Fates? Do you remember what happened the last time we meddled with them?"Zeus growls.

Gods, he needs to cheer up sometimes.

"That I can fix,"someone enters the room. It's Hades, of all people. He should be in the Underworld.

What on earth is he doing here?

Hades walks up to us. The atmosphere gets darker when he gets closer and closer.

"I can ask them to give us a chance, to guide us,"The Lord of the Dead says."I'm sure they'll cooperate unless they want me to to destroy their poor homes."

I shoot a thankful look at Hades.

He nods curtly to us and with a snap of his fingers, disappears.

Hephaestus says,"Zeus, do we have permission on letting the children free Ogygia?"

Zeus glares at us, then sighs and finally says,"Yes. But I want to see the girl to get her immortality taken away. I don't want her causing anymore trouble. Understood?"

"One more thing,"I say steadily, getting looks from Hephaestus and Athena like Aphrodite, we've done enough! I continue,"I am asking one final thing. To help the poor children find that accursed land."

Zeus says,"Fine. But that's it."

We bow and leave.

In my room in Olympus, I sit on my queen bed.

"Agape?"I call for my dove. I named her Agape because it meant divine love in Greek. The beautiful creature swoops from my bedsheets that I made into a bed.

I write a letter onto a sheet of paper with celestial bronze ink.

"Please give this to the heroes,"I tell Agape. The dove holds the letter in her beak, and flies out the window, in search of the Argo II.

"Why am I being so nice?"I ask myself with a chuckle.

Meanwhile, I focus on helping Calypso. She's going to miss Ogygia, I think. She needs something to remind her of the island.

I think, What should I give the girl? Perhaps a flower, a feather of a bird, a canteen of the crystal clear water, a leaf.

I tell Calypso this in her mind when she sleeps.

"You're going to miss Ogygia," I tell her softly,"You should get a reminder. And by the way, Leo and his friends are coming soon. A day perhaps. I am guiding them to you."