The Argo II

Calypso~

Chapter 8

The girls show me around.

The Argo II is quite impressive.

They show me Festus, the rooms, and my room. Then we all go to Piper's room so we can do makeovers.

As Piper spreads a flowery scenting mask on my face, the boys enter.

"What do we have here?"Leo says, throwing open the door.

"A makeover,"Percy says,"I'm in."

"Me too,"says Frank.

"I want brownie flavored face mask okay?"Jason adds. So we do the boys' faces.

We suppress laughter.

"And I need to get you guys some new clothes,"Piper says."Your guys' clothes are torn and smelly."

Piper snaps her fingers, and a load of new clothes appears on her bed.

"We're partying tonight,"Piper says firmly."Wear the suits to dinner. Got it?"

She hands each of us enough clothes to last for a month.

Then the boys leave after the masks are hardened and they wash it off.

We stay in Piper's room because she wants to do our makeup.

Soon, Hazel is wearing a green strapless dress that complimented her warm cocoa skin, and perfect makeup.

Annabeth steps out with a gray sleeveless dress, and light makeup.

Thalia comes out with her hair down for once, lighter makeup than I could've imagined, and a black dress that totally made her look stunning. It's my turn.

Piper applies a powder on my face, something called lipstick to my mouth, colorful powders to my cheeks and eyes. Then she helps me put on a white dress.

"You look great,"Piper promises me. She wears a red dress and perfect makeup.

"Hey,"Thalia calls,"I'm going to invite some of my girl hunter friends over because I'm not allowed to meddle with boys. That okay?"

"Definitely!"

Soon the night falls, and Piper does Thalia's friends' makeup.

The Hunters of Artemis I admire a lot. They're strong and beautiful. But I can never be one. Because I can't imagine not falling for someone you love. And because my sister joined them, and died a hero. I guess they saw my resemblance, and told me about how loyal and strong Zoë nightshade was. We shed a few tears, but luckily Piper's makeup didn't become runny.

It's almost dinner time, and Piper is doing last minute touches. Finally, we head out to the mess hall, which is a dining room, as Piper told me.

We take our seats. I sit next to the one that had a sign saying "Leo."

The Hunters, Thalia, Phoebe, and Delilah sit as far away from boys as possible. Then the boys come and sit down.

"You look great,"Leo says, dropping down to the seat next to me. He's wearing a tuxedo and the same happy mischievous grin that I learned to love.

"Thanks,"I say,"You too."

Then the food comes, and Leo explains all the dishes to me, because back at Ogygia, I only ate soup, bread, vegetables, and meat. Nothing fancy like this.

"That's a croissant,"Leo says, pointing to a fancy looking bread,"it's really tasty and buttery. The yellow one is eggs. It's um, from an egg! That's Brussels sprouts, NEVER EAT THAT! Those are spring rolls."

I consider, and take a croissant and a bowl of fish soup.

The croissant is surprisingly good.

Life outside Ogygia isn't that bad, after all.