The Iris Message

Chapter 2

Calypso-

I pace my cave in Ogygia. When is Leo coming back?! I sit down with a sigh.

He's probably got a girlfriend at Camp, and forgot about me.

My eyes fill up with tears. I miss him. I can't do anything to stop the hot tears rolling down my cheek.

Calypso, I scold myself, of course he hasn't, he swore to the River Styx, he has to come back. The consequences of not fulfilling a promise, well, I didn't want to think about it.

Finally, when the tears subsided, I started to think. What was the communication ways of demigods?

Something nagged at the back of my brain full of Leos.

Iris something.

Iris message! How does it work. I think. I pick up a fallen branch and write something on the sand. Water+Coin=Rainbow. Now what type of coin? Drachma! Drachma+Water=Iris Message. I race back to the cave.

Now I know what to do.

I get to work.

After excavating my cave, I unearth a single small drachma. I go over to my waterfall where I usually bathe.

I throw in the coin to the stream, and say,"O iris, goddess of the rainbow, show me Leo Valdez!"

Where in Tartarus did that thought come from, I dunno. But I have to thank with all my life who's helping me.

Suddenly a rainbow appears. I see the love of my life. "LEO!" I scream. The Latino boy turns around. "Calypso?"he says unsurely,"Is it you?" His eyes widen.

"YES LEO ITS ME!"

"OH MY GODS WHERE ARE YOU I LOVE YOU!"

"I'M IN MY BEAUTIFUL PRISON IN OGYGIA I LOVE YOU TOO!"

"I'M TRYING TO FIND YOU STILL I'M WITH MY FRIENDS ILL INTRODUCE YOU TO THEM OKAY?"

"OKAY."

Leo beckons people over. He introduces me to new faces. Annabeth, Frank, Hazel, Jason, Thalia, Piper, Coach Hedge, and.. Percy. He apologizes and I forgive him.

Then the rainbow disappears and I am left alone with an aura of happiness.

I let out a whoop of joy, and yell,"THANK YOU TO WHOEVER IS GUIDING ME!" I race back to my cave overjoyed. The love of my life is coming to rescue me. And I'm ready.