Chapter Nine

Chapter Nine

♡Darcy Winters♡

Jess' make over hadn't taken much. She was actually very pretty, she just never took the time to make herself look presentable. The red lip stick on her was  my favorite. I had avoided putting her in heels, the poor girl couldn't quite handle those yet. She did have some cute black boots with a black dress and her hair hung in loose curls just past her shoulders. "I. Look Hot." Were the words Jess spit out after looking in the mirror for the first time.

I smiled proudly, "Hell yeah you do. Now lets get that hot booty moving I want to party!" Jess laughed at my comment and we went downstairs. I fed Angel and then we were off.

It didn't take long to get to the designated party house. I didnt even know who the host was, probably just another asshole with money and parents who didnt give a damn.

I could feel Jess nervously fiddling next to me as I invited myself in. "Jess, sweetheart, stop fiddling no one will even recognize you. I am gonna get us some drinks, no biting nails while I am gone." And with that I began weaving expertly through the crowd I made it to the drinks and grabbed two cups. I filled one with beer the other with spiked punch. Maybe it would calm her nervs. A little couldn't hurt her.

When Jess came back into view I noticed she already had a cup in her hands and was talkinf to a pretty attractive sandy haired guy. I smiled and decided I would leave her to it but keep a safe eye on her. The red haired girl was as innocent as a fawn.

I slammed what was supposed to be Jess' punch and joined thw crown while drinking my beer. Grinding on strangers, flirting with guys whose name I would never bother remembering and having a night of forgetting the week I had.

"Hey there, dollface." The voice the smelled sweetly of alcohol said next to my ear and an arm wrapped around my waist. Was there a place in her life that hw wasn't? "Hello Peter." I said plainly, lifting the empty cup to my lips and pouting when nothing came out. "You are so mean to me, meanie." His choldish insult made me snort with laughter, "You are terrible at instults." We were subconsiously swaying to the music now, and neither of us said anything until his voice spoke next to my ear againc

"Do you love me yet?" His question took me off gaurd for a second and I paused to think but answered "No." My answer didnt feel right coming out of my mouth though. I didn't hate his existence as much anymore, but it wasn't love. I had read plenty of love stories, and this wasn't love.

I didn't pay attention to his reaction to my answer and in that moment I realized I hadn't seen Jess in a while. I frowned and began to take a step away but Peter's arm tightened around me and he pulled me back, "Don't leave." The way he said it sent a zoo stampeding though he stomach. How drunk was he? His tone of voice sounded differemt from what I was used to, but maybe it was just the alcohol and loud music. Maybe I was hallucinating. But I needed to go find Jess. "I need to find Jess." The words came out apologetic sounding. I wasn't sure how I felt about it, but they got her released from his grasp. He followed close behind me as I searched for Jess.

I searched the whole main room for her. When I couldn't find her I began to panic, she wouldn't have left with out me. The fear of something happening to her began to eat at me and I ran down the hall opening any door I could. When I didn't find anything I ran up stairs, Peter on my heels. There were only a few rooms up stairs two empty the third one locked.

I continued to jiggle to door handle my buzzed and fear wrecked mind not comprehending that I couldn't open it. Peter pulled me away from the door and kicked it once. Twice. Three times and it gave way. The familiar red hair spread accross the bed, a boy on top of her. My fear was replaced with anger and my actions became subconcious. I felt my foot connect with his ribs sending him onto the floor. I didn't take any time to grab him by his hair and knee him in the gut and then in the groin. Letting him go he crumpled to the floor and I stumbled back and Peter caught me.

Jess was huddled at the head of the bed, I felt hot tears spill onto my cheeks and I sat at her feet and hugged her close. "I'm sorry. I am so sorry." I repeated over and over.

"I'll take you guys home." Peter spoke softly amd he help both Jess and I down the stairs. Everyone was to drunk to pay attention to us. Except of course Amberly. "Hey baby." Her irritating voice sounded like finger nails on a chalk board. I ignored her as she threw herself at Peter. I half expected Peter to stay with her, but he brushed her off like a pest and it made me proud.

Peter drove us home Jess was still really shakey and hadn't spoken a word.  I walked her up to my room and tucked her in. She drifted off pretty quickly and I went downstairs where Peter waited. There were several moments of silence before I spoke. "Thank you." He seemed surprised, but nodded in response, "Is she okay?" It was my turn to nod, "Yeah, really tired." The whole situation felt weird. She was used to his teasing and flirtatious comments, not caring gestures.

"Do you want to spend the night tonight? It'll probably be better than driving home." I offered, his old self seemed to be coming back because his sly smirk played back onto his lips, "Only if you really want dollface." I snorted and rolled my eyes heading to the closet and getting out an extra blanket and pillow.

"You can sleep on the couch." I said and we headed to the living room. I tossed the pillow at the end of the sofa and spread out the blanket. Peter flung himself onto the couch relaxing as if it where his own. "Glad your comfy." I said turning to leave, but not before he grabed my hand and pulled me down to him. "Now I am comfy." I raised an eyebrow scooting so I could face him, my back pressed against his chest. "Is this necesary?"

"Very." He answered pulling the covers over us.

"Can you even breath?"

"I can breath fine, dollface."

I sighed rolling my eyes and adjusted my position, I closed my eyes and drifted off, he wasn't a bad pillow.