Crashing the Party

Sunlight entered the car windows. It was a nice sunny morning. Gabriel stretched his arms and legs, letting out a long yawn. He opened his eyes and groaned. The teen saw Clementine napping on the chair in front of him. She looked so cute.

Gabriel got up and grabbed the backpack. He opened it and got himself two crackers and took a few sips of the water bottle. 'The last bit is for Clementine.' Gabe thought to himself. He opened the car door and stretched his body once more, taking a deep breath. Birds were chirping which made him smile.

A few moments later he tapped on Clementine's shoulder. "Open your eyes, querida." Gabe said, enjoying looking at his crush. She groaned in response, opening her eyes. They were even more beautiful in the morning sun. "I was awake the whole time." Clementine muttered. Gabe chuckled. "When do you wanna leave?" He asked her with a kind smile. "After I took a sip." Was her answer. Gabriel offered her some of the canned sausages and the last bit of the bottled water. Once she finished them she started the car.

Gabe seemed surprised. "Can you drive?" He questioned her with disbelief. Clementine nodded in response. She drove the car on the dirt path, looking for the place where AJ could be. Gabe watched every move of her. He smiled at it. She surprised and taught him new things every day.

Some walker could be seen because the noise of the car attracted them. Gabriel didn't let go of his axe. "Do you think we're close?" Gabe asked Clementine. She glanced at him and said "I think so. It shouldn't be too far since Lingard brought him there." Gabriel nodded in response, giving her a smile. "I'm sure he's going to recognize you immediately." That made Clementine smile. She really couldn't wait to see the kid.

Teb minutes later grey smoke could be seen in the distance. Clementine let out a gasp. "Oh God, if that's where AJ is, he better be okay." She muttered angrily. Gabe's eyes widened a little before he said "Where going to take him to our community, Clem. I'm here to help you." He wanted to keep the girl calm. That reminded him of Ava. 'Stay frosty.' A small smile could be seen on his face.

Clementine drove faster towards the smoke and then Gabe put his hand on her shoulder, gesturing her to calm down. Even a simple touch like this made Gabriel feel happier, warmer. The two teenagers saw an open gate in front of them. There were other vehicles parked outside and gunshots could be heard every where. "This is going to attract a lot of walkers." Gabe informed his crush. She nodded, being focused on her mission.

When she parked the car they grabbed their weapons and the backpack, rushing their way of the car towarda the community AJ should be right now. The two ran fast inside, looking for cover. Clementine grabbed Gabriel's sleeve and ran towards a wall. When they ran Gabe pulled his arm a bit back, causing the two to hold hands. 'Oh it's getting hot on the in and outside now.' He thought to himself. When they succesfully hid behind the wall Clementine let go of his hand. She had her eyes closed, inhaling deeply.

You're gonna be just fine Clem." Gabriel reassured her. "It's not that... Nevermind." Then she looked behind the wall and she saw a big building, school like, saying "Survivors Inside". "Let's go." She commanded. Both teenagers sneaked towards the building, each having a weapon in their hand. Clementine got her gun and her knife while Gabe only had his axe.

Gabriel checked the windows of the door and then went inside with Clem following him. Screaming children and women were all over the place. There a lot of people wearing bandana's which covered their face. "Fast." Gabriel muttered to his crush. They both started running. This place was fucked but they had no choice. What if they were going to kill AJ?

Clementine decided to look for AJ on the first few rooms of the building. When Gabriel ran up the staircase he encountered a guy with a beard and wearing black sunglasses. The man pointed the gun at the teenager. Gabe quickly swinged his axe against the gun, avoiding the bullet. Then he swinged again and hit the man's neck. He screamed loudly in pain, suffering of the wound Gabe caused him.

He saw these big, strong guys taking girls and women. What the hell are they gonna do with them? Gabe decided to look further in the building but all he saw were killed and wounded children with their care takers. Some of them already turned. "Oh God." Gabriel said out loud, being devastated. This shit's going down faster than he thought. When he ran back he saw a guy throwing a molotov cocktail towards him. Gabe quickly dived away from it, avoiding the fire. "C-Clementine, run!" He exclaimed as hard as he could.

Clementine groaned and yelled "Shut the fuck up! Let go of me, asshole!" AJ, who seemed to be in her arms, started crying loudly. She growled at people, it looked scary, seeing her this angry. Gabe hurried towards the girl he loved.

"Let go of her, you assholes!" He called angrily. Clementine moved her head towards Gabe, loosening grip on AJ. "N-NO!" She screamed towards the guys. The men stole AJ from Clementine. He was only seconds in her arms. She could cry any moment now and it hurts hearing her like this.
Gabriel threw his ace towards the men, hitting one in his arm. He screamed in pain but he pulled it out immediately and smashed it on the ground. The man took a few steps towards Gabriel and punched him hard in his face, making him fall. Then he started running away with AJ. "Come back you filthy motherfucker!" Clementine spat at the guys. The one holding her arm hit her cheek. Gabe gasped and narrowed his eyebrows. He was furious right now. "Don't worry, we're taking you as well." The man smirked at Clementine.

Gabe stood up and stormed towards the man and jumped on him. "Let her go! Clementine, run away!" He yelled in the hallway. Then Clementine could grab her knife and stabbed the guy repeatedly into his arm. He groaned loudly, not wanting to scream. Gabe punched him in his face, making him let go of Clementine. Gabriel quickly grabbed his axe from the ground. It's crooked. Then he turned around, his face expressed a furious emotion. He walked towards the man and hit him in his head with the axe, not pulling it out.

The dark smoke was everywhere. Fire destroyed every part of the building, burning clothes, eating the wood and grew bigger every second. Gabe coughed and covered his mouth, closing his eyes. Clementine got hold of Gabriel's hand and ran towards to entrance of the building, running for safety, running for fresh air. She bumped into the doors which caused her to fall.

"Fuck, my ankle, again!" She groaned. Gabe tripped over her leg and fell as well. "Ah, my head!" He called out. He didn't hestitate and grabbed Clementine's gun. He pulled Clementine's arm around his neck and stood up. He moved his arm around her waist, the other one held the gun. "Let's get AJ." He smiled at her while being in pain.