Take My Heart

A few walkers growled at the door, desperate to break in to eat the children. As Gabe opened his eyes he held on to Clementine slightly tighter. AJ whimpered and was about to cry. "Come here, little one." Gabe said calmly. Then Clementine turned her towards Gabe. 'She was awake all this time?' The boy thought to himself. "I'll take care of him." She offered. Gabe nodded and stood up, Clementine kept him warm the entire night. "Where you awake all this time?" Gabe decided to ask while grabbing Clementine's knife from the table. She glanced at him and replied "No, I think for around two minutes. I was about to wake you up." Gabriel smiled at that.

"Ready?" He asked her with his hand on the door latch. She nodded and grabbed her gun. Then Gabriel swung the door open and the walker at the front fell on the ground. Clementine shot into its head and then Gabe stabbed the walker behind it in its head. The third and last one grabbed Gabe's wrist. Clementine didn't hestitate and shot the walker between its eyes. Then she put the gun back. "Thanks." He smiled at her and she welcomed him. Clementine picked AJ up and wiped his tears away. "We're going back to Richmond." She said with a smile.

Gabriel was happy that they found AJ so fast and that they could go back, but he hasn't confessed and wasn't sure about Clementine's feelings. Maybe she only wanted to be in his arms so she could sit on the matress as well. She seemed so calm about everything everyday. That really made this hard. They collected the supplies they were taking back to the car and then Clementine unlocked the door. AJ was on her back. The teenagers walked out of the shack and made her to the car. Gabe could enjoy this moment walking with Clementine alone, and then with her in the car and then they would be back. He must confess.

"Hey Clem." Gabriel broke the silence. She glanced at him before responding "Hey Gabe." He saw her smiling at him so he shot a smile back. "I was wondering.. Do you-" He got cut off by a walker who growled at them as it approached them. Gabiel let out a sigh and grabbed a rock from the ground. Then he threw it at the walkers face. It started to groan louder. Clementine passed her knife to Gabe. He took it and walked towards the walker, stabbing him to death. Gabe tilted his in a way of gesturing a 'thank you' and gave her her knife back. "What did you wanted to ask me?" She questioned. Gabe glanced at her and said "Do you.. want to- are you thirsty? Heh, sorry, I got tangled in my words." He told her while scratching the back of his head. "Sounds good." She chuckled.

When they arrived they put the backpack and other supplies in the back seat of the car. Clem started driving when Gabriel sat next to her in the passenger seat with AJ on his lap. It shouldn't take too long to get back to the gate. "Clem?" AJ asked, "Is he your boyfwiend?" He added. Gabe widened his eyes little at question and he felt his cheecks heating up. Clementine glanced at AJ and chuckled. "What do you think?" Gabriel asked him before Clem could so anything. "Hmm... I think you two, uh, are together?" He said with an unsure tone. Gabriel smiled at that, then he looked at Clem. "Oh, well, we're not together." Clementine responsed softly.

Gabe's smile faded a little and then he moved his legs quickly up and down. He held AJ tight but gentle. "Rocky road, AJ!" At first he didn't understand but then realized Gabe's legs were a road and he was a car. He giggled at the fast movements. Gabe now moved his legs to the left and then to right in a pattern. The song 'Youth' by 'I See Stars' started playing and Clementine smiled. "There was a cd in the car." She said happily. "Ithink I recognize this band. I just forgot their name but they have nice music." Gabe told her. AJ giggled and said "More, more!" Gabe smiled and said "Okay, okay, but be careful." He seperated his legs from each other, still holding AJ. The kid let out a squeel. "Hole in the road." Gabe said, winking at him with a smile. Clementine smiled at Gabe. She liked it when he winked. She thought that he looked kinda cute.., hot.

Suddenly a large tree branch fell down and crashed through the glass. It shattered and flied towards the three persons sitting the car. "Fuck!" Clementine called as she drove off the path and bumped towards a tree trunk. Gabriel held AJ tightly against his chest. "I-I got you buddy!" He reassured the kid. Gabe felt a burning pain in his arm and leg. When the car stopped moving he glanced at Clementine. "Are you okay, hun?" He gasped at the last he muttered out. She looked at the boy and said "Hun? Uh, yeah. I'm okay." Gabriel smiled awkwardly. "Did you just call me hun?" He winked at her but deep inside he felt uneasy and his blood ran faster. Clem gasped at what he said. "No! Y-You did!" She quickly defensed herself. Gabriel chuckled and said "Nah-ah, I said 'hm'." "Let's get out first." She told them.

AJ whimpered when Gabe got out of the car. Gabe rocked AJ in his arms. "It's okay, buddy." He told him. Clementine noticed he said 'buddy' a lot. Javi does that too. "Are you bleeding, Clem?" Gabe asked her. She gasped again and quickly glanced down. Then she looked at Gabriel again. "What do you mean?" She questioned him. He pointed to her shoulder. "Oh, it's just a scratch." She told him. She seemed relieved.

After they got the backpack and remaining supplies out they started walking towards the gate. It shouldn't be far. Just a small twenty minutes of walking. Clementine took AJ from Gabe because his arm hurts. The pocket of his jacket was turning red because he held his arm there. He grabbed the heart and saw that it was a little stained. He smiled at it. "What's that?" Clementine asked him. Gabe glanced at her and said "Nothing really. Just something I found at the lake." Gabriel still felt like giving it to her but he was too shy to.

Clementine reached her hand out to Gabriel. He gave the heart to her. "It's kinda silly." He muttered when she grabbed it. She inspected it and said "It looks like a heart. Is that blood yours?" Gabe avoided eye contact when he scratched the back of his head. "Yeah, that just happened." He told her awkwardly. "Do you want it?" He asked her kindly. "Why?" She replied. "Oh, uh, you know.. I'd bleed for you. Heh, get it?" He told her. His cheeks heated up and he was so embarrassed, afraid what she would say.

Clementine looked into his eyes and hers widened. "Gabe, I-" "Are you guys already back?" Tripp shouted towards the teenagers. "Yeah, great huh?" Gabe shouted back. "I'll open the gates for you guys!" He shouted as the gate, indeed, opened. Both kids let out a sigh and then Gabe started laughing because they both didn't noticed they were already there. What was Clementine about to say?