By Your Side

The three kids recieved a lot of smiles when the gate closed behind them. Gabe smiled back, brightly, showing his teeth. Eleanor hurried towards David's house. Tripp tapped the two on their shoulders. "Great work, kids." Clementine gave him a smile and Gabe thanked him. AJ got shy and buried his face into Clementine's neck. Then Gabriel decided to put his arm around Clementine when Javi and David approached them. "Gabe?" Clem questioned with an uneasy tone.

"Gabriel, you're back!" David called happily. "We thought it would take you two ages to find the kid." Javi told them. "Clem remembered where Lingard brought him!" Gabe said excited. "What happened to your jaw, leg and arm, Gabe? Clem, your shoulder?" Javi asked them worriedly. When Clementine was about to speak Gabe took the word. "We encountered a group who raided and destroyed the place AJ was and we killed some ofthe bad guys and they hurt Clem and the wanted to take AJ and they hit me and-and" "Calm down, Gabe. We'll get this sorted out." Javi said. "Oh, okay." He replied. "We're okay by the way." Clementine added.

They group walked towards Javi's house and talked about what happened. Clementine told them about the shack and the extra supplies they found. They put the food out of the backpack what they had left. Gabe added about the matress and he got a new axe. It was stronger and sharper. David reloaded the gun and gave Gabe a similar one. "Thanks." He said happily. Then he remember that Clementine kept the heart and that he still didn't know what she wanted to say.

Time went by fast and they already finished dinner. Gabe decided to go to his house and Clementine went with him. "Gabe, can I come with you?" She asked him. He turned around and suddenly got very nervous. "Y-Yeah, of course." He told her with a smile. She carried AJ and muttered some kind of 'thank you'.

When they almost got to Gabe's house Clementine asked "What did that Spanish word mean you said yesterday night?" That means she kept thinking about it and last night. Gabriel grinned at that thought. "Querido or cariño? I don't remember which one I used." He admitted. "So there are more words for what you said? What does it mean?" She asked him again. Gabe's cheeks started to heat up. Then he opened the door and let her in first.

He closed the door behind him as he said "First you tell me what you wanted to tell me when we arrived at the gate." Clementine's as widened a little for a second which made Gabe grin. Did she like him too? "I don't remember." She replied and added "What does these words mean?" "Oh, I don't remember that either." Gabriel said emotionless, but winking at her. "Come on, dork, just tell me." She whined again as she put the sleeping AJ on the couch. Then Gabriel approached her slowly. "I'll tell you if you tell me that other thing." He told her as he got closer.

"I wanted to say I, uh, would bleed for you too." She confessed. Gabriel silently gasped and his eyes widened for a second. It was silent for a little moment. "So, what do these words mean?" She asked him once again. Gabe smiled at her, showing her teeth, and then he said "No lo sé, mi amor ". Clementine raised one of her eyebrows. "Gabriel." She said in a warning tone. He liked it when she said his name. Then he chuckled and fleed upstairs, Clementine running after him.

He crashed into his room, laughing, as Clementine grabbed his wrist. She pulled him close and then she tackled him. The boy fell on the floor but he grabbed her arm and she fell right on top of him. "Ow!" He muttered with a smile on his face. "You can't escape me." Clementine stated, smiling back. Then they realized Clementine was on top of him, centimeters away from each others lips. They slowly let go of each other but Clementine didn't go off of him.

"These words," Gabriel started, "I would only call you that." His heart raced as he spoke. The two locked eyes. "Go on..." She told him. "I, uh, am not sure what you will thi-" "Just say it, dork." She commanded him nervously as she slowly moved her hands to his shoulders. "They mean..," Gabriel cleared his throat. "Things like.. d-darling., sweetheart., my lov-" "Gabe?" "Y-Yeah?" There was a silence. "What is it, mi amo- C-Clem." Gabe's heart never beat this fast before. His closed his eyes, afraid of her response. "Gabe, I hope you're serious about it.. I.. I love you.." She softly said with her eyes closed. Gabe's eyes shot open and he slowly moved his hand towards her cheek, cupping it. "Clementine.., I.. I love you too. So much. I loved you after some days after we met and-" Gabe gasped as their lips met. They both didn't know how to kiss but after some seconds they got the idea. Clem's hand stroked his hair and Gabe moved his arms around her neck, pulling her close.

When they seperated they were speecheless. Both teenagers were blusbing. Gabe smiled brightly and pulled her into a hug. When Clementime stood up and took Gabe's hand he spoke up. "Clem, I'm so happy. I was afraid you didn't feel the same and that I would screw up our friendship." He stood up and then he closed the curtains. "I never really realized I had these feelings for you." She replied calmly.

When the couple took place on the bed they hugged, which soon change into cuddling. It is around eleven O'clock right now. The two were telling stories to each other about their feelings, memories and early life. A little while later they layed down, Gabriel spooning Clementine. "I love you so much. I'll never leave you, mi amor. And if you're going, I'm going too." Gabe told her with a raspy voice. He was tired and so was Clementine. "Likewise, dork." She told him.

Then the two teenagers drove off to sleep and fought by their side every single day, surviving the apocalypse many years later.

------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Thank you for reading my Gabentine fanfiction! I hope you guys enjoyed it! I'm taking a little break now since it took quite long to write!