A Caring Act

Liana's POV

The world around me felt heavier. Everything was fogging up and spinning out of control. I felt like if I were to open my mouth, a foul taste would come out uninvited. My body felt as loose as a string yet as heavy as a car. I couldn't figure out my own emotions or mood due to my brain being far from its normal state. I groaned as I opened my eyes slightly to see what was around me to get a clue of exactly what was going on. But the blurred vision made me queasy, wanting to throw up whatever I took in today. I leaned forward, making a strange noise as the movement around me went too fast. Suddenly a hand was placed on my shoulder, gently leaning me back on something hard yet slightly comfortable. I narrowed my eyebrows in confusion during the process, not knowing what was going on.

I kept blacking out. One minute I was conscious and shifting around and the next minute I'm passed out. It was slowly driving me insane how I couldn't figure out what was happening to me. I couldn't control it myself. "Alright we're finally here, we're gonna get you inside now.'' I heard a deep soft voice say. I groaned as their long strong arms wrapped around my body, lifting me up like I was nothing as if they didn't feel the heaviness I felt inside my bones. "You got her?" Another voice spoke, much softer than the first. "Yeah I got her, can you get the door?" The deeper voice spoke. "Yeah."

The voices went silent but their breathing was audible. My head was then placed against something hard yet firm, making me realize it was someone's chest based off the scent that filled in my nose. "Can you hear me Liana? You doing alright?" The deeper voice asked right above me. I nodded my head even though I didn't agree to it. "She looks worse." The softer voice said as the wind started to nip at my skin. I shivered and cuddled closer to the body, begging for its warmth.

"I'll take care of her. Don't worry." The first voice reassured. I was then carried into a house and it sent me instant relief, glad that I was no longer trapped in the sneaky gush of wind. "Okay so my room is over here, follow me. We should have her rest first."

I was then carried down the hall, hearing squeaks and soft breathing while the floor beneath us creaked. A door then opened and we entered inside a room before the light was turned on.

I groaned instantly, shutting my droopy eyes and shoving my head further into the cologne scented shirt. "Oh, turn it off. She doesn't like it."

"Oh shoot sorry, force a habit." The light then instantly went off at the command of the first voice.

"Where do I place her?"

"Right there is fine. Let me untuck the covers."

"Okay, you can set her down now."

I was then placed on something slightly cold yet comfortable, giving my acting body ease. I groaned slightly again, not knowing how to feel or react to certain things anymore.

"I'll go get her some pills. Can you watch her? I know where everything is at. I'll just hand you the things and you can do whatever you think will heal her."

"Sounds good. I'll stay."

"Okay. Thank you Luke."

The name suddenly rung a bell but my brain didn't put any thought to it as it instantly drifted away.

I narrowed my eyebrows, keeping my eyes closed and my body tense. The bed then suddenly dipped down right beside my legs, making me flutter my eyes open to see what it was.

I stared at the blurred figure in front of me for a few seconds before blinking the vision away. Once I saw clearly I examined him carefully before speaking a mumbled sentence. "Are you my doctor?"

A chuckle was heard from him before he shook his head and placed his hand on the covers. "No Ana I'm not." His slight smile was visible to my eyes as I watched him shift.