Conflicted

Liana's POV

"I'm still mad at you for going out like that." Bri grumbled as she glanced over at me from the drivers seat.

"Well it's not like I even wanted to go and I'm not here to impress anyone." I said with slight bitterness as I stared out the window with my arms crossed.

"Why are you acting so weird? Luke is literally such a sweetheart and he's so good looking! I don't understand what you have against him." She expressed as she took a right turn. I huffed and tightened my arms around my stomach before slouching even more in the car, not wanting to be seen even though I was already hidden.

"And would you take off your hood?! My god you look so suspicious! You act like you're undercover or depressed." She groaned as she reached over and yanked my hood off my head.

"Hey! I want it on, I want to look as ugly as possible." I complained as I tried to put it back on.

"Dear lord, why?! Liana I don't understand your behavior at all right now. It's just a hang out! It's not like this is a date!" She raised her voice in annoyance.

"Well it kinda looks like it!" I barked back.

"Look." She then slammed the breaks at a stop sign, making me jerk forward. I was thankful for the seatbelt that held me back from flying through the windshield as my heart raced.

"I don't get why you're going absolutely insane and being all weird whenever it comes to your own friend Luke. God knows if you guys have some kind of past where you might absolutely hate him. Maybe he broke your heart who knows? Cuz you never told me. And I have no idea what your guys' history is and I won't even bother asking because you'll probably just change the subject anyways. But whatever happened between you guys is obviously over with since he treats you with such respect and love. Not once did he take advantage of you and he was so calm and gentle with you. I could see it in his eyes and through his actions that he truly does care about you and is concerned. So I think you should suck it up and put that crap behind you and be nice to him for once and accept his kindness. And I'm your best friend telling you right now that he is okay. And from what I saw, I trust him." She said as I looked in front of me and remained silent.

I didn't want to believe the words coming from her mouth, and I surely didn't want to accept it. She doesn't know my terrible past with Luke and she never will. It's humiliating. And she won't ever understand why I don't want to be around him. But if I keep acting this way, she'll get suspicious and maybe even get my own brother involved. I can't have this happen. I'm being too obvious. I'm suppose to pretend like everything is fine. Just like how I use to do it. But what if I can't take it anymore? No, I have to. I just need to suck it up.

I sighed deeply before I slouched my tense shoulders and looked down at my lap. "Fine..." I said before she stared at me for a while. She then proceeded on driving in silence until we got to our destination.

"We're going roller blading?" I questioned as I saw the venue in front of me.

"Yep." She smiled as she unbuckled her seatbelt.

"But I suck at it. I always fall." I said as she smirked evilly.

"Exactly." She said before she got out and closed the door before I could protest.

"But I-" I then paused as I looked back at the round building before grabbing my hair and bending down to silently scream.

"I don't want to roller blade with Luke!" I yelled to myself as Bri walked over to my side.

"You coming or what?" She asked with a smile as she opened my door.

"Yes. I'm coming." I said as calmly as I could while I forced myself to get out of the car.