Chapter one: panic

Max POV:
I was sitting down with Niki and Neil during dinner in the mess hall, when Niki started talking about the end of summer.
"Man I'm gonna miss you guys, I don't have lots of friends outside of camp." Niki says looking down.
"Yeah me too, how about you max?" Asked Neil.
I just sat there, frozen like a fucking idiot. I was thinking about the life I was going back to after camp would end.
My stomach fell to the floor as I opened my mouth to say something but the words refused to come out.
"Max? Are...you...okay..?" Said Niki with a concerned look on her face.
"Hello? Max?" Neil said while looking me in the eyes confused.
"It's n-nothing...it's just I—"
I was cut off by David.
"Okay campers! Head off to your tents for a good nights rest! You'll need it for tomorrow's plans!" He said very energetic like.
Soon everyone was heading off their tents while talking.
Since Neil and I share a tent he felt the need to bother me by asking;
"Hey man, are you okay? Is something wrong..?" He asked in concern.
I responded in a annoyed voice saying; "Yes Im fine, now shut the fuck up."
"Alright then...goodnight I guess"
He said Turing off the lantern and closing his eyes.
After that I was just lying there. Still thinking about my parents, about how they would fight constantly, and how the only thing they could bond over was hurting me emotionally and physically.
I started to remember all those nights where I would just hide in the closet in fear that my drunken father would hit me for being such a 'wimp' and a 'disappointment' after all I was both of those,but I stoped caring a long time ago.
Before I knew it, I was having a full on panic attack. It was getting harder and harder to breath, my stomach was twisted, and tears were threatening to pour down my face.
I didn't want Neil to wake up and see me like this, so I decided to try and calm myself down by sitting on the dock.
I quietly stumbled out of bed, being careful not to step on any of Neil's damn computer and science stuff he left all over the fucking floor. I soon wandered out onto the dock with tears in my eyes.
I sat there with my feet dangling and my palms on my face, trying my best not to sob. I was thinking about how selfish I was being for feeling self pity.
I then looked at the scars on my neck and legs from when my father hit me with a glass bottle after He got really drunk and thought I did something bad.
It seemed every time I did something bad or made a mistake, I had some kind of injury or scar.
Still I sat there crying, sobbing just feeling so weak, panicking.
When all of the sudden, I heard a voice.

A/N
Hey guys! I don't know if this chapter was good. Please leave comments, I'd love to get feedback. See you in the next chapter.