Chapter two: keeping secrets

David POV:
I was lying on my bed in the councilors cabin thinking of how fun tomorrow was going to be when I looked out the window to see max with tears running down his face.
I felt my heart break a bit, I put on my shoes and headed out to find max.
I heard listened for the boy in the quiet night when soft sobs by the dock captured my attention.
I ran to the dock, trying my best to be quiet so I didn't wake up the other campers.
It was there I saw a small boy in a yellow t-shirt and shorts sobbing on the dock.

"Max..?" I questioned

Max POV:
Shit. I turned around with my face Turing red and my hand wiping off the tears.
It was David.
"D-David? What a-are you doing?! Go the f-fuck away!" I scolded him in pure embarrassment. My cheeks were completely red and burning.

"Max what's going on? Are you okay? Are you hurt?"
David asked running up to me, lifting my head up and examining  me.
"Get the fuck off me!"
I yelled in embarrassment.

"Max, what's wrong? Why are you crying?"

I didn't want to tell David how I was feeling, I didn't want him to see me vulnerable.

"N-nothing's wrong, I wasn't crying!" I said wiping off my tears.

"Max, please." David said with a serious look on his face, he wasn't kidding.

I opened my mouth, that was a clear mistake. Because everything just came pouring out like a broken pipe.

"I-I was thinking about m-my parents. Ab-about how at the end of s-summer they are going to t-take me away..."
I said with my face buried in my arms.
"Aww max are you going to miss c-"

"NO ITS NOT LIKE THAT DAVID. I HATE THIS FUCKING SHITHOLE." I said in defense and embarrassment.

"It's just..."
I said calming down

"It's just what, Max?" David asked with a concerned look on his face.
I was unsure if I should tell David the next part of the truth.

"N-nothing, never mind" I quickly said standing up.

"Max, it's ok you can tell me."said David holding my hand back

I pulled my hand away and said;
" I said never mind David!"
David just gave me a sad look that made me feel guilty, but I shook it off and walked off back to my tent.

David POV:
Max just left me there sitting on the dock alone.
He seemed to be hiding something dark about his parents. It made me worried.
I tried my best to shake it off and go to sleep that night.
But something about how even Max was scared to say it, gave me chills.

The next morning I woke up early as usual, and got ready for the day.
I saw Gwen in the kitchen getting coffee.

I didn't want to keep secrets from Gwen so I told her what was going on with Max.

"Wow. I never thought max could be so emotional. And he didn't say anything else?" She asked surprised.

"No, nothing, maybe today we should take it easy on him. He seems to be going through a lot."
I suggested.

"Yeah, maybe." Gwen said sipping her coffee.

"Well, we better go wake up the campers, come on Gwen!" I said trying to keep things positive.

Max POV:
When I woke up today Niki, Neil  and I waited in the breakfast line.

"Hey max,"said Niki in a calm and happy voice. "I just wanted to apologize for making you feel so uncomfortable yesterday..." she said perking her lips and poking her index fingers together.
"Yeah Max." Neil agreed.

"Guys, stop apologizing, just, it's fine okay?!" I said getting annoyed by their apologies.

When we were eating breakfast, it felt like the same as usual, Niki was devouring her food, Neil was talking about something so nerdy that it wasn't worth for me paying attention.
I looked across the mess hall to see David looking at me with that same damn concerned face.
I blew it off and continued my day.

---------
Time skip
---------
For some reason today was extremely easy, no adventures, just macaroni art, and finger painting.
What are we? Fucking five?!? And not to mention, David was starting at me the whole time with a soft smile.
At one point he asked me to make what was on my mind. I just ignored him and painted a bear attacking someone. Because bears are fucking awesome.

Anyways during dinner, Niki and Neil were talking and David was talking to Gwen and looking at me occasionally while doing so, it was weird. So the last time he looked at me I flipped him off.
Maybe that would stop him from being a such a fucking creep.

David POV:
The whole day I was watching Max to see if I could guess what he was keeping from me. But it was hard to tell. At dinner I was talking with Gwen to see if she had any information, but again nothing. He was impossible to read sometimes. But I guess he noticed me staring, and flipped me off. It was rude, but fair I guess.

A/N
Sorry if this chapter was boring, I hope you enjoyed anyways!

(Oh and most of the time I will post multiple chapters at once, so don't be surprised when the next chapter comes out the same day as the other ones)