Shadowed Past

Aquata's POV

Since we all had finals we went to bad early. I was in my favourite blue nightgown with gold corners. Jean and I were sleeping soundly in our room when we woke up to Rogue screaming. Everyone runs into her's and Kitty's room. To see Kitty trying to calm Rogue down.

"Rogue you ok?" I ask sitting down beside her.

"Yeah, what happened?" Scott asks her.

"I don't know, I was dreaming" she tells us. "Some kind of awful nightmare, with these images. It was horrible" she states.

"Yeah, her shrieking totally freaked me out. I about phased through the bed" Kitty states.

"Whoa, finals must be really getting to you" Scott states.

"No it's not the first time" Rogue says firmly. "I've had this dream before, it started when I move to the institute" she explains.

"Rogue, why didn't you say anything before?" I ask her.

"What's going on man?" Evan asks as he enters the room with Kurt before Rogue could answer my question.

"Are you guys ok?" Kurt asks us.

"Rogue's having creepy nightmares" Kitty tells them.

"Whoa, what about?" Kurt asks her.

"I'm not sure. There's a castles and wolves" Rogue states. "Oh, the poor little baby" Rogue says running a hand through her hair.

"What baby Rogue?" I ask her while rubbing her back.

"I didn't really see his face, but I same to know. To know him some how" she states looking at Kurt.

"What? Why are you looking at me like that? What's wrong?" Kurt asks her.

"It was you" Rogue says.

"What was me?"Kurt asks her confused.

"Somehow, I just know it was you Kurt" she states.

"What are you talking about?" Kurt asks her.

"In the dream, there was a baby crying. Someone, a woman, I think. I didn't really see her face, she was running. And the baby was dropped into a river" Rogue explains crying.

"And you think that baby was me?" Kurt asks her.

"Why am I having this dream?" Rogue demands.

"Maybe the professor can help us sort this out" Jean says placing her hands on Rogue's shoulders.

"She's right, but lets do it in the morning. It's late" I state.

"That's all right Aquata, this is important" the professor says in all of our minds. "Rogue and Kurt please come to the library with Jean. And the rest of you get some sleep.  Encase you've forgotten, you all have finals tomorrow" he states.

"Man there's no keeping anything from that dude, is there?" Evan asks aloud.

"Ok Rogue, I'll speak to you tomorrow" I assure her. Then go back to my room and crawl back into bed. I fall asleep straight away while holding my dolphin plushie.

(Next day) still Aquata's POV

"Wow, so they weren't just nightmares" I say as Rogue and I walk through school. "So the professor is going to search Kurt's memories after school?" I ask her.

"Yeah, Kurt's real excited to find out more about his past" she states. The bell goes off signaling the end of school. We had an early minute, so that's why we were wondering around the empty halls. "Hey Kurt wait up!" Rogue calls and we run over to him.