Surprise

It's been almost a month since the funeral.

And I have never been so into my life .

"You're doing a great job," I tell my class of girls at the dance academy I am working at. "Now practice for another ten minutes and we will start on the next half."

I wave at Slade and grab my water bottle. He pulls me into the hallway and kisses me. "I thought ballerinas wore tutus."

I roll my eyes. "I thought you were recording in the studio, Mr. Hollywood."

Kidd and Slade did such a good job at one of the clubs in town they were given studio time and working with a producer. It's great for them. Big things are coming for both of them and they are even planning on bringing the rest of the family to Georgia to put the band back together.

"I brought lunch," he tells me lifting a white bag. "And a coffee."

I take the coffee and smile at him. "You're really amazing you know that?"

Slade nods in agreement. "And you spend six hours every day with ten year olds. You are more than amazing."

I like my job, teaching young girls ballet is very fulfilling. It's something I never imagined liking, but to instill the same passion in young girls and to show them they can do anything if they put their mind to it, it's worth the hectic schedule.

"Most of them are seven."

Slade isn't listening to me. I turn around, hoping nobody wrote on the mirrors with marker again.

"Oh my god," I say. My entire class is standing in a perfect line. Every little girl helping hold part of a sign, I shake my head as I read. "Forever. You and Me."

I turn back around and Slade is on his knee. He takes my hand. "You're shaking."

"Because I never saw this coming." I cover my mouth watching him tug the ring box from his pocket. My class of tiny ballerinas giggling behind us.

"I told you we would have more moments." He kisses my knuckles and looks at me growing serious. "I'd do anything for you. You are my heart, you are my soul. The only thing that makes sense is you being mine for the rest of my life. Will you marry me?"

I shake my head. "Of course I will marry you." I jump into his lap and kiss him.

He opens the ring box and I am in awe. It's the most perfect ring I have ever seen.

"It's a black princess cut diamond." Slade smirks. "Karsen made sure I knew what the hell it was called. She threatened my life if I didn't get it right."

I can't take my eyes off the stone. "It's amazing."

He lifts my chin bringing my gaze back to him and only him. "I have something else I want to ask you."

I raise an eyebrow, touching his face. "What more could there be?"

"I want you to be the girl in our video."

I search his eyes. "What?"

"We wrote a song, and they want to make a music video. And I want you in it." He waits. "So what do you say?"

"I say yes. As long as I don't have to twerk."

Slade sighs. "Shit. So you won't wear a grill either huh?"

I shake my head.

"No gold chains?" He kisses my forehead. "I'll let you get back to your students." He steps inside and gives them all a thumbs up. "She never suspected a thing. I owe you all ice cream."

They clap and squeal for Slade. I kiss him once more and wave goodbye.

To the guy I will soon be marrying.