3

Jungkook awoke when sunlight hit his face. Taehyung was already up, but this no longer alarmed the younger. Plus, he could hear Taehyung nearby.

Slowly lifting his head, the boy looked around. Taehyung was looking for something in his backpack, rummaging through its contents like a raccoon through a trash can. Jungkook stretched lazily, causing Taehyung to glance upwards.

"Morning."

"Morning." Jungkook sat up. "Ugh my leg hurts."

"No kidding. You tried to stand on it last night."

"I did?"

"You don't remember?"

Jungkook shook his head.

"Huh. I thought you might've been sleepwalking."

Jungkook rubbed over the metal straps on his broken leg.

"Don't touch it," Taehyung told him.

"Why?"

"I still need to examine it. I couldn't look at it properly while you were sleeping."

Jungkook rolled up his jeans and looked at his broken leg. It was repulsively colorful, ranging from dull purple to pale green.

"That's disgusting." Jungkook gagged, staring at his calf.

Taehyung walked over and gently loosened the brace. Steadily slipping it off, the older began his examination. Supporting Jungkook's leg with one hand under his knee and the other gently gripping his ankle, the older bent and straightened his leg.

"Does that hurt?" he asked.

"No."

"Are you sure?"

"Yep."

"Jungkook~"

"Ok maybe just a little but really it doesn't hurt that much."

Taehyung placed Jungkook's foot on the ground, still supporting his leg with a hand under the younger's knee. Then, with his free hand, he felt Jungkook's shin at the point of damage.

"Ow! Well that hurts!" Jungkook exclaimed, attempting to pull his leg away.

Taehyung ignored Jungkook's efforts, his hand still placed firmly on the younger's shin.

"It feels like the bone is still in place." He said finally.

"That's nice. Can you stop now?"

"Oh, yeah, sure." Taehyung took his hand off the younger's shin and started putting the brace back on.

Once the brace was firmly in place on Jungkook's leg, Taehyung rolled the younger's jean pant down and smiled at him softly.

"Jungkook, I think you should know that I admire your bravery in this whole situation. I know it must be hard for you to have to depend on me, but I promise I'll help get you through this."

Jungkook nodded and looked at the ground.

"It started out very hard for me... But I've started to get used to it. I've started to trust you." Jungkook added, looking up into the older's eyes.

Taehyung's eyes softened.

"That means a lot to me, Kook."

Jungkook smiled to himself.

"Also, did you say there was a pharmacy around?"

Taehyung nodded.

"Do you think you could look for some painkillers?" Jungkook asked eagerly.