chapter 14- Birth day gift..

ÿþ  

Elena and I were drunk talking about our favorite colors when I heard a voice behind me say, " Happy birthday, Stella.  "

"Damon! You came! "

"I said I would, didn t I?" He asked as I threw my arms around him and hugged him tightly." Here, I got you something.  "

" Oh, you didn t have to -- now gimme. "I said, laughing because I was drunk enough to think I was funny. I tore the ribbon off and the lid and sitting inside nestled on some cotton ball like material, was one of the prettiest necklaces I have ever seen.  

"Oh, it is so pretty. I said. Will you put it on me? "I asked AS I handed Damon the necklace.  

"I would be honored to." Damon said smiling, pulling my hair out of the way so it wouldn t get snagged in the clasp.  

The necklace was a nice bronze color and there was some detail work on the heart shaped pendant, which had a keyhole right in the center and hung on a fine chain of the same color.  

"Oh, and there s a note. "I said, noticing what was under the massacred cotton balls.  

"You can read it if you want. I was trying to write in this fancy dancy script. I apologize for the note sucking.  "

(Necklace set: http://www.polyvore.com/vervain_necklace/set?id=20917180  

)  

"Haha, make my eyes bleed haha." I laughed, folding up the note and stuffing it in the cleavage my top created.  

"I' m glad you find it so funny." Damon said, smiling.  

"Damon. ''Elena said in a tone no one would mistake for anything but frigid as she and Stefan walked up to us.  

'' Elena, Stick-Up-His-Butt.''