Chapter 20.

Adrien's POV.

Last night nothing more happened. We just got home and we fell asleep. When I woke up in the morning, she wasn't in my bed. "Maybe she is in the bathroom." But she wasn't. "Maybe she is at the kitchen." But she wasn't. "Maybe she is at the living room." But she wasn't... "Maybe she is at the garden." But...she wasn't.

Plagg: Kid, I found this in your bag. A note, from her...

I took it. I ready it.

Letter:

"Dear Adrien,
I cannot thank you enough for all these things you have done so far for me. You saved my life several times. If it wasn't you, I may have been dead months ago. That's why I decided to save you now. That's why I decided to leave."

While I was reading this, tears were running on my cheeks. I put my back on the wall, and slowly I sat down.

"Maybe you don't understand. But you will, soon or later. Once, I gave you a promise: I will never allow something ever happen to you. From now, I am your angel-guard my little kitty. I have to take care of it. Don't look for me. I'll be ok. But please...every time you see a ladybug, just make a wish, and one day, I'll come as the girl that you loved. The girl behind the mask. I love you Adrien Agreste. With all my heart. It was my honour to be your friend, classmate, partner, and your Lady.

With love,
Marinette"

Plagg: Oh, poor boy...
Adrien: I can't stand it Plagg. She...she's gone. She left.
Plagg: Boy...come here...

I brought my knees close to my chest and I dipped my head in my hands crying. Like there was no tomorrow. I felt like I was dying.

Adrien: NOOO!! NO, NO, NO! THIS IS NOT TRUE.
Plagg: Adrien...
Adrien: THIS IS A KIND OF BAD JOKE. SHE IS SOMEWHERE HERE. I KNOW IT.
Plagg: Adrien, she's gone.
Adrien: SHE SHOULD BE HERE. SHE WOULD NEVER LEFT LIKE THIS.
Plagg: SHE'S GONE ADRIEN, SHE'S GONE.

I looked Plagg. My eyes full of tears. I couldn't take it. I went to my bedroom. I laid on the bed. I was crying so much. Then I felt something bothering my foot. It was her scarf. I hugged it. I smelled it. I closed my eyes and it felt like she was there. I imagined her: Those two big blue eyes, looking at me, her lips opened slowly and then she said "I'll always protect you." She caresses my cheek with her hand. Her skin was so soft. She started getting away, raising her hand towards me like she wanted me to catch her. I raised my hand to touch her. And by the time I touched her, she became dust in the wind, and she disappeared. Everything around me got dark. I felt weak. I fell down on my knees. Then I saw her. Infront of me. Begging for help. And I was useless to help her. Our enemy, stabbed a knife in her heart, killing her. Killing me.

Adrien: NOOOOOO!!!!
Plagg: KID, ARE YOU OKAY?
Adrien: *I had tears on my eyes, and I was sweated.*
Plagg: Don't worry. It was just a dream. A nightmare.
Adrien: She was asking for help, and I couldn't help her. He...he killed her, infront of my eyes.
Plagg: You know that this will never happen. You know that LadyBug would never be a victim of HawkMoth's evil plans.
Adrien: I have to find her.
Plagg: Whaaaat?
Adrien: I'M NOT GIVING UP ON HER PLAGG. I AM NOT! I PROMISED HER THAT I'LL NEVER LEAVE. And that's what I'm gonna do.
Plagg: Alright kid, you can count on me. What's on your mind?

Marinette's POV.

I couldn't risk his life. I couldn't risk losing him. It hurts me so much that I left, but this is the right thing. A great power brings over great responsibility. And that was the greatest one: keep in life my favourite person. The most important decisions, are not easy to be taken. That's how I know that leaving was right. I kissed him on the forehead, put a note in his bag, transfomed into LadyBug and left from the window. There is a reason that I didn't just left like a normal person from the door. I know that one day I'll be back. Leaving by the door, means that I'm not coming back. Never mind. The first thing that I have to do is finding Skyler and destroy her akuma. I know, this is gonna be hard without his help. But it has to be this way. I went to an abandoned basketball field out of the city.

Marinette: Come on. I know you'll come.
Voice: Hahahaha...
Marinette: Show up Skyler!
Skyler: Oh come on. Why you have always to understand that I am here...
Marinette: Sorry for not having fun my dear. But this, has to come to an end. TIKKI, SPOTS ON!
Skyler: WHAT?
LadyBug: Long time no see my dear, Ball Player.
Skyler: MARINETTE YOU...YOU ARE LADYBUG?
LB: Come on, don't be surprised. You knew it from the very first time when you saw the mark on my cheek.
Skyler: I know...I was just no sure .
LB: It won't take us long. LUCKY CHARM. A ball? Is the universe messing with me or something? At least ironic. Let's see what we have...hmm...

Spotted things: The basket, my yo-yo, Skyler's wrists and the ball.

LB: Yes! So Skyler, we've been opponents for a long time. How would it feel if I just scored the last point?! *I ran towards the basket, jumbed, and when I was ready to threw the ball in the basket...*
Skyler: NOOOOO!! *My plan worked perfectly! She ran to stop me. When she jumbed, I took her hands, put them on the basket and tied them with my yo-yo.*
LB: That's it Skyler. Your career as Ball Player is over. *I took her wristband.* Get out of here you awful insect! Time to de-evilize!! Catch ya! Bye bye little butterfly.
Skyler: Ugh..what...what happened?
LB: Hello Skyler.
Skyler: LADYBUG?
LB: We need to talk. Tikki, spots off.
Skyler: WHAT?
Marinette: Hello Skyler. Again.
Tikki: Did you think of it before you do it?
Marinette: Yes.
Skyler: I...I have to go...
Marinette: NO SKYLER, WAIT.
Skyler: NO MARINETTE. YOU...you don't understand. That wasn't me. I was always jealous of you but I never wanted to kill you.
Marinette: I know.
Skyler: Not you don't! I just asked my father to make me a little be more powerful to get over you, but instead of I got akumatized and I became a villain...
Marinette: WAIT...your...your father is...
Skyler: Yes...my father is HawkMoth...
Marinette: Skyler. I need your help. I have to stop him. I know, it's hard for you to surrender him. But he was controlling my mind for weeks so he could know every move of me and Cat Noir. One day he almost killed me.
Skyler: Wh..what...?
Marinette: This must come to an end. But I can't do this without knowing where I can find him.
Skyler: What about Cat Noir...?
Marinette: ...I can't risk his life. I can't risk leaving Paris with no one to protect the city. I can't...I can't stand the fact that he may die because of me...
Skyler: But...what...what if you die?
Marinette: At least it won't be him.
Skyler: I am so sorry for all the pain I have caused. Basketball is all my life and I thought when I lost the leadership that it was the end. But...it wasn't. Sorry for trying to steal Adrien from you. Sorry for trying to take away all of your friends. I just...I hope there is a way to pay you back...
Marinette: You know how to do it.
Skyler: Follow me.

We went to her house, towards to her dad's office.

Skyler: Once I enter the code, the gate will open, and it would be the time you was waiting all these years.
Marinette: Tikki...spots on...
*transformed into LadyBug.*
LB: Open it.
*Skyler entered the secret code and the gate opened. I was so scared but fearless at the same time. Brave enough to deal with him but timid as well to go inside without my Cat. But I had to. Only the thought that he would die infront of my eyes was enough to regain my courage and go in there. I steped in. Before the gate closed, I turned and told her.*  If something goes wrong-
Skyler: It won't!
LB: IF SOMETHING GOES WRONG...find him. Tell him that his Lady is still protecting him. That I love him with all my heart. And I am sorry.

And by saying those words, I just walked in, without looking back, while the gate closed, I knew, that there was no way to go back.