Chapter 18.

Sunday night, 9.30 p.m.

*RING RING*

Alya: Hello? Oh Hello Mrs. Dupain-Cheng. Um...Marinette? Yes of course she is here. She didn't told you? We have an assignment to finish. She'll sleep here tonight. Yeah sure...I'll tell her. Goodnight Mrs. Dupain-Cheng. Shit, this is not good.

*RING RING*

Adrien: Hey Alya, what's up?
Alya: Marinette is missing.
Adrien: What?
Alya: She left the game in hurry telling that she can't play and she hasn't return home yet.
Adrien: I'm pretty sure she is ok.
Alya: What's your problem lately? Why you treat her like that?
Adrien: Like you don't know.
Alya: Of course I don't know! Neither me nor she!
Adrien: She didn't refuse that she was talking with you for me, she is just pretending that she doesn't know!
Alya: I don't know what the hell you are talking about, or what you have heard and from whom, but two days ago I was talking with Marinette and she told me that she is madly in love with you and she couldn't stand it if something ever happened to you! And the next day you came and told her all these awful things-
Adrien: Wait...she is falling for me?
Alya: Of course?!
Adrien: She does not think that I am a shallow diva?
Alya: Are you crazy boy? She can barely spell your name when you are around, let alone saying something so mean especially for you!
Adrien: Oh shit...
Alya: And now she is missing. No one knows where she might be, and she is not answering her phone.
Adrien: Alya...
Alya: What?
Adrien: Turn up your TV.

BREAKING NEWS: An old building collapsed a few hours ago, at the North part of Paris city. We don't know what caused it yet. Police and a rescue team are looking for victims. Stay tuned, we'll be back with more information.

Alya: Adrien...this is the place Marinette used to go to relax when she was nervous...
Adrien: Alya, don't even think about it. She is okay. I'm sure that- fuck it...let's go.

Adrien's POV.

We went to the place where the building was located. The rescue team had just finished the searching for victims and they told that they hadn't find no one.

Adrien: Where is she...
Alya: On the one hand, it's a big relief that she is not under those debris but where is she...?!
*I felt Plagg in my pocket trying to tell me something.*
Adrien: I'll take one more quick look and I'll come back.
Alya: Ok.
Adrien: What Plagg?
Plagg: They are here, I can feel Tikki.
Adrien: But, where are they? They have searched everywhere.
Plagg: I'm 100% sure that they are here.
Adrien: Then find them!
Plagg: Your wish is my demand...

Plagg closed his eyes. He said something like a spell in another language and tried to focus on something specific. Then, he shone a green light and a few minutes later, I saw a red light a few meters away.

Adrien: ALYA, I THINK I FOUND THEM.
Alya: Them?
Adrien: HER, I MEAN HER...COME ON. Thanks Plagg, I own you.
Plagg: My pleasure kid.
Adrien: Hide, Alya is coming.
Alya: Where?
Adrien: There, under those rocks.
Alya: We can't move them. Wait. RESCUE TEAM. THERE IS A GIRL DOWN HERE. SHE IS MY BEST FRIEND, PLEASE HELP.
Rescuer: WE ARE COMING.

They pulled the rocks. We were so worried. And I felt so stupid believing that Marinette could be able to say those words. This is all my fault. But...why did she leave the game? What happen? A voice interrupted my thoughts.

Rescuer: WE FOUND HER. SHE IS ALIVE, JUST UNCONSCIOUS.
Adrien: OH MY GOD! Marinette? Can you hear me? No reaction. Why? What's going on?
Rescuer: We need to help her. First aid! Quickly, her heart beat becomes slower and slower.
Adrien: Back off! She needs an artificial respiration. *I gave her the "Kiss of life" and we just hopped for some kind of reaction.*
Alya: Adrien...why she is not awake? She must have already be woken up right? Come on Mari, we have to go shopping next Saturday...please bestie, don't leave me...
Marinette: *I took a huge breath, like I was back from the death*
Adrien: Thank you God!
Alya: I knew it! That's my girl!
Marinette: Where am I? What's going on?
Alya: Sssh, I'll explain everything. Don't speak, you have to keep your powers.
Rescuer: The doctor wants to check on you.

Marinette's POV.

The doctor did all the necessary medical exams. He didn't find anything wrong.

Doctor: You don't have nothing but a few scratches and bruise. Go home, relax and take a nap.
Alya: This is all? You allow her to leave? She was under debris!!
Doctor: She hasn't any broken bones or breathing problems so there is no reason to keep her.
Alya: Whatever...thanks for your help.
Doctor: That's my job. Goodnight girls.
Marinette: How did you find me?
Alya: Well...I had a little help...
Marinette: By whom?
Adrien: Hello Mari...
Marinette: A....Adrien...you?
Adrien: Marinette I am so sor-
Marinette: NO. GO AWAY FROM ME.
Adrien: NO, let me explain you-
Marinette: Adrien don't you get it? The only I am good at is causing problems. I'm gonna hurt you and I don't want to.
Adrien: No, Mari...I know that it wasn't you. That you would never call me a shallow diva.
Marinette: What if I did it? What if I am not the one you think I am?
Adrien: Wh...what...?
Marinette: You wanna hear it from me? Adrien Agreste, you are a shallow diva. The only thing you care about is fame. You are daddy's boy and I am using you to survive in high school.
Alya: Marinette what the-
Marinette: DON'T! No one is safe around me. You have to leave too Alya.
Adrien: Marinette...you know that I know what-
Marinette: What? You know what? What forced me to say all these things? Then you know why I left the game. You know why this building brokedown. And you still didn't believe me the first time. Why now? What is different now? Say it Adrien! I want a persuade excuse.
Adrien: ...
Marinette: I fucking risked my life for you several times the last week. But it was easier for you to believe a voice than to look for the truth. You know, you are not brave because you sacrifice yourself for someone. You are brave because you trust that person and you are willing to find the truth no matter what. You believed a voice with no face. You are not brave.

Those were my last words. And then, I left. He didn't try to stop me. To say something. That hurt me more. I felt awful. Empty. With no reason to exist any more. I had no friends. The love of my life had betrayed me. I couldn't risk take down with me the Tigers. I had nothing.