80

"He's here Bella," Chris said looking over my shoulder. I originally didn't want to come to this years party with everything that has been going on, but everyone mages to talk me into it. I've spent most of the night hiding in a corner in hopes of avoiding all the looks of pity and Sebastian.

"I'm okay Chris. Really," I said and he nodded his head.

"I'm going to distract him from this area. Text me if you need anything and I'll send Scott your way," It was now my turn to nod my head before he left. Once he was gone I sat down in the chair that I brought over there and Scott was soon at my side.

"Hey beautiful. Care to dance with me," he asked holding his hand out to me and I laughed.

"I'm okay thank you though Scott. You should go dance with Chandler," I said looking at his boyfriend who was standing at the bar. Next to him was Harry and I smiled at him. He's helped me a lot through everything. I met him the day I left the hospital because he met myself, Ed, and Galway for lunch. Since then we've been in constant contact and my dad even invited him tonight. Everyone things what we have is much more, but we're only friends. Even though it pains me each day I'm still in love with Sebastian and I don't think that will ever change.

"Let's go over there then," He said following my gaze to the bar. I nodded my head and hooked my arm around his. I kept my head down so my hair covered my face. I didn't want to risk Sebastian seeing me and talking to me. Thankfully we made it to the bar with no problem.

"Can I get you two a drink," Chandler asked and I shook my head as Harry pulled me into a hug.

"I have to sing in a little bit and I'm already a mess. I'll take you up on the offer afterwards for sure though," I said to him.

"I'll hold you to it," Chandler said with a chuckle. The four of us stood at the bar talking before we heard my dad clear his throat over the mic. Everyone's attention turn to the stage where he was standing.

"I wanted to say thank you all for coming to the 2018 RDJ Christmas party. I love you all whether you're family or friends who turned into family or just friends. You've each made this holiday season special. Singing again this year is my little Lady, Ophelia Downey," he said and I made my way into the stage. As I was walking to the stage I took deep breaths to steady myself and when I got on stage he kissed the top of my head before leaving. I moved the mic down to my height and tucked some of my hair behind my ear.

"I just want to say happy holidays. This year I'll be singing a song that I wrote, but I need my beautiful best friend Gabbi to come up here and sing it with me," I said and she handed her drink to Channing and came to join me. Once she was ready I sat down at the piano and began to play.

"Bum bum bum bum bum bum bum bum
Bum bum bum bum bum bum
Bum bum bum bum bum bum," we started to sing together and at this point my eyes were closed.

"This is my winter song to you. The storm is coming soon, it rolls in from the sea," I sang finally opening the eyes, but not looking at the crowd. I sang this way until we got to my favorite part of the song.

December never felt so wrong,
'Cause you're not where you belong;
Inside my arms.
Bum bum bum bum bum bum bum bum
I still believe in summer days.
The seasons always change
And life will find a way.
I'll be your harvester of light
And send it out tonight
So we can start again.
Is love alive?
Is love alive?
Is love alive?," I sang along with Gabbi as my eyes searched the crowd. As I sang the last "is love alive" of that set my eyes met with Sebastian's and they stayed there until the end of the song. I was only pulled away from his eyes when everyone began to applaud.