ꫂ one

LEE'S RESIDENCE, PRESENT TIME

Another day. Another busy day for the Lee's. One had to immediately head to the kitchen as soon as he fluttered his eyes open, and one had to prepare for work as soon as the clock ticked at six in the morning. No greetings from each other, no morning kisses, and not even a single word was spoken— it's like they were strangers living under the same roof. They minded their own businesses without bothering the other.

It wasn't until Donghyuck finished making breakfast for his family that he checked the time, being reminded of his son that had classes at eight o'clock. "Love?"

Who was he referring to? It was no other than his tired husband that just finished his morning routine and went down for a quick breakfast. It was just till then they both finally exchanged words.

"Yeah?" Mark responded as he heaved a depressing sigh, settling himself down in the dining area just to take his coffee and a piece of bread. "I'm late." He muttered under his breath as soon as he saw the time, knowing that he had less than fifteen minutes to drive his way to work.

Donghyuck was in the middle of preparing for their son's lunchbox, hoping that he could ask the man a favor. "Can you wake Chan up? I'll prepare his uniform and bag after this."

One more time, Mark had let out a sigh that caught the husband's attention; worrying Donghyuck with the thought that he might be overworking and forgetting to take care of himself. Which, to his guess, he was right. "Didn't you hear me? I am late."

"Come on, waking the kid up doesn't take a portion of your time." Donghyuck had stated, washing his hand from the sink. He eyed the dishes he had to take care of after breakfast, and a frown made its way to his lips. "Plus, I have to take care of the mess you made last night. Your party with your friends."

"It was just a movie night." Mark fixed his tie and made his way to the living room to pick up his shoes.

Wiping his hands with a dry towel, Donghyuck followed the man and stared at him with eyes showing emotions that he, himself, can't even seem to point out. "You still made a mess. The living room was trashed, the kitchen had chips everywhere, and you were left drunk asleep on the floor."

Mark subconsciously rolled his eyes, ignoring what the other was saying. He enjoyed his friends' company last night, and that's what all that mattered. "I'm going. Might get home late, the boss announced a meeting after work."

"You won't be taking Chan to school together with you?" Donghyuck tilted his head to the side as the man made his way to him, thinking that he was getting a kiss on the cheeks like how Mark usually does— or maybe he now seldom does.

Donghyuck was expecting, only to get disappointed and embarrassed right after. Mark just went to reach for his watch that was on top of the shelf. It just so happens that Donghyuck was right next to it.