ꫂ thirty eight

"Shhh

"Shhh..." Donghyuck placed his index finger on his lips, telling his son not to make a noise. "Don't wake him up."

The boy followed the same gesture despite not knowing why they had to keep quiet. "Why, Papa?"

🕙

"Donghyuck!" Jaemin barged inside the room looking upset. "Can you believe it?!"

Mark fluttered his eyes open when he heard a ruckus. Weekend came and despite his packed schedule with the council, he managed to excuse himself and put a halt in the activities he was part of. Fortunately, the student organization understood his situation and let him rest from his busy tasks.

Rather than actually resting at home, the first thing Mark did when he woke up was prepare to visit the hospital again. He made sure to stop by some stalls to buy fruits for his husband's parents, which he met this morning. They talked for a while before asking Mark a favor to watch over Donghyuck for the meantime as they would finish setting up the papers and documents for the hospital bills.

Without a second thought, Mark stayed, holding his lover's hand as he caught up with sleep.

Only for him to wake up an hour after because of Jaemin's loud voice.

"Jaemin, you're being too dramatic." Renjun said, walking beside him and mumbling an apology at the person who's sitting beside Donghyuck.

"Hey, Mark was sleeping." Jeno felt equally guilty when he saw his friend who's sleep-deprived.

Not wanting to ruin the mood, Mark forced his lips to curve up to a smile. "What happened?"

"Jeno said he likes me!" Jaemin exclaimed, looking at his friend on the bed for a reaction.

"Oh..." Mark forgot for a moment that this was a new occurrence to them. He cleared his throat and reacted the way he should have. "Ohh!"

Jeno clicked his tongue as he gave the loud male a look. "Why is it a big deal to you?"

"Why should it not be a big deal?" Jaemin argued back at him.

Renjun got comfortable next to Jeno as they sat down to talk, facing the other male with a puzzled expression. "Jaemin, shouldn't you be glad that Jeno has feelings for you? Don't you like him?"

"Yeah... But he likes you!" Jaemin gulped down the confession he was about to make impulsively towards the Chinese transfer student.

"I do like Renjun." Jeno admitted.

Pointing a finger at him, Jaemin gave his friend on the bed a look of disbelief. "Donghyuck, are you seeing this shit—"

"And you too." Jeno cuts him off.