ꫂ twenty five

"So

"So... How did you two meet?"

Taking the drink he bought at one of the stalls, Chenle raised a brow at his friend who greeted him with that question. "Meet who?"

"Oh, you know who." Raising his eyebrows up and down, Donghyuck teased him. "Park Jisung."

Chenle almost gagged on his drink. "What... What about him?"

"First meeting, and what was it like?" It sounded like Donghyuck was asking the most obvious question.

"Met him because of tutoring." Because that was the only answer Chenle could give to that question.

Donghyuck might have a hard time with this one. This Chinese friend of his is quite a handful. "And what was it like?"

"I don't know." Sipping his drink, Chenle scanned the area for some snacks. "He's quite stupid."

Well, that was harsh. Donghyuck internally judged his friend's love language. "Hey, you shouldn't—"

"But cute." Chenle continued, cutting him off.

The two of them stopped by a stall that was selling fries. Chenle bought a regular size and also treated his company one. Donghyuck happily took it, satisfied at both the snack and his friend's answer.

"He's also clingy." Chenle shared willingly, roaming around with fries and a drink in hand. "And he gets sulky if I don't give him my attention."

This was the kind of tea that Donghyuck signed up for.

"Which is funny because since when do I ever not give him my attention? It's all on him, especially during tutoring sessions." Chenle trailed off to his thoughts and was walking with that big smile on his face. "The way he scrunches his nose whenever he gets a problem wrong, the way he would pout hearing me explain things to him, and the way how fluffy his hair is. I would always mess with it."

Donghyuck took his friend's drink and sipped on it. Chenle's eyes traveled to him and that's how he snapped back to his senses.

Clearing his throat, Chenle looked away with his cheeks all flushed. "Like I said, he's stupid."

"I don't think that was the only thing you said about him." Donghyuck gave him back his drink, nearing the other upon doing so. "Hey, we're having a marriage booth."

"Yeah, you told me about it—" Chenle paused the moment he realized. "Leave me alone."

"What if I tell you I wrote Jisung name in the list?" Donghyuck knew the only thing that could convince his friend.

"You did?" Shaking his head, Chenle reminded himself to keep his cool. "So, what? Set him up with other people, I couldn't care less."

Liar. He cared a lot.