ꫂ twenty six

Both Mark and Donghyuck turned their heads around, still lining up at the registration

Both Mark and Donghyuck turned their heads around, still lining up at the registration. The culprits were standing there with one having a lollipop in his mouth and the other drinking cold coffee. The Chinese transfer student that was standing in the middle, between the two masterminds, had his lips curved up to a guilty smile.

"That was quite a show." Jeno teased, playing with the lollipop inside his mouth. "I wonder how you two will act it out."

Jaemin raised both his hands up as if he was caught red handed. "It's all Jeno's plan!"

"But you didn't stop him?" Donghyuck argued.

"Well... I liked the idea." Jaemin innocently drank his coffee as if he didn't do anything wrong.

The Chinese that was with the three heaved out a sigh nudging the both of them and was the only one apologetic for the two's scheme. "I'm sorry about them. They've been arguing ever since the first match ended. The only time they got along was when they planned to register you two to this booth."

And to prove his point, both Jaemin and Jeno glanced at each other and chuckled at the situation. They looked like they've been friends since diapers, as if they weren't trying to strangle one another just hours before this happened.

"Renjun is the only one who has conscience between you three." Mark stated, his glare boring holes through his friend's soul.

Jeno had to immediately walk to him and throw an arm over his shoulder. "Don't act like you don't like the idea. For all I know, you're probably thanking the heavens above." Clasping his hands together, he lowered his head down. "Amen."

Mark harshly elbowed his friend's stomach, making the latter stumble back with a groan.

Jaemin laughed at their interaction, but he wasn't excluded from the nag that he'll get from a certain sunkissed male that's fuming at him. He gulped down the coffee before defending himself. "Hey, I'm doing you a favor here."

"Favor?" Donghyuck scoffed, slapping the soccer player's arm. "Favor my ass!"

"Stop... Stop!" Jaemin whined at the hits he got, but did his best to protect the coffee he had in hand. "Hey, you also set Chenle up!"

"That's because Chenle likes Jisung, you dipshit!" Arguing, Donghyuck didn't stop hitting his friend. Of course, he hit him lightly so as not to hurt him. He might be upset, but he still cared for his friend.

"And don't you like Mark?" Jaemin remarked, the hits stopping the moment he asked that.

It caught the attention of everyone in their circle, especially Mark. He stopped arguing with Jeno and now had his eyes on Donghyuck who stayed still in his place. Mark didn't know why he was waiting for an answer and wanted to hear him say it. Even if they were on good terms lately, they still have unresolved conflicts about their marriage. The two of them were just caught up living as high-school students to even think about it.