ꫂ thirty nine

"Papa, Daddy is not waking up!"

Mark raised his head up as he heard a voice muffled beside him. "Jeno, what is it?"

Jeno, who's busy washing dishes, raised a brow at his friend who suddenly spoke after they were quiet for a while. "What was what?"

"You were saying something." Mark told him. He was so sure he heard something.

"Dude, I'm purposely zipping my mouth as a protest that Jaemin is making us wash the dishes." Jeno told him, looking genuinely upset.

It looked like he was telling the truth. Maybe Mark was indeed hearing things. Shrugging his shoulders, he went back to the chore he was asked to do together with Jeno.

They were currently at the apartment where Donghyuck shared with both Jaemin and Chenle. While Chenle and Jisung were playing games in the living room, Jaemin and Renjun were out to buy groceries. They all collectively agreed in making a grand meal for Donghyuck's parents arriving in the city. It might be technically way past the date, but they were all too busy mourning about Donghyuck's accident to even have a proper welcome party.

They needed time to think and accept the situation.

"Daddy, wake up!"

"Jeno!" Mark snapped his head towards his direction, clicking his tongue in irritation. "Stop that!"

"What the fuck?" Jeno was confused as hell to see his friend suddenly act this way. "Have you gone mental?"

"Ahhh!"

Just when Mark was about to accuse him once more for always mumbling incoherent words in his ear, a loud shout was heard in the living room that caused the two in the kitchen to drop the dishes on the sink and rush to where the scream was.

"Jaemin!" Jisung threw tantrums at how his shout startled him, making him lose by one point behind the game that he played with the happy Chinese sitting next to him. "God. I almost had it."

"Kids, seriously." Jaemin ruffled the male's hair to annoy him more.

"Stop it!" Jisung complained, coming off as a whine that his hair keeps on getting messed up.

"I won!" Chenle jumped up from his spot, rubbing it off on his partner's face. "Such a loser."

"What did you guys even bet for Jisung to be that upset?" Renjun asked, handing the plastic bags from groceries to Jeno and Mark.

"A kiss." Jisung pouted his lips, sulking at the armrest of the sofa.

"Wait, but why did you shout, Jaemin?" Jeno asked after placing the plastic bags on the kitchen island.