ꫂ thirty five

Mark immediately dropped the call and rushed out of the apartment

Mark immediately dropped the call and rushed out of the apartment. He only grabbed his spare key and a jacket. However, he didn't have enough time to even wear it, he just had it in hand as he searched for a way to get to the hospital. He was breathing heavily with cold sweat dripping down from his forehead.

No thoughts and being worried was such an understatement. Mark couldn't seem to breathe properly after hearing the news. He was anxious the whole car ride to the hospital. Biting his nails, his breathing cycle matching his face-paced heartbeat, and tapping his foot— he can't seem to stay put.

This had never happened in the past before. Mark knew that during his birthday, he just celebrated the day with Donghyuck, but never spent the night together. Changing that event for his selfish needs couldn't have caused such a large consequence. He just wanted to spend and end his birthday with Donghyuck, how hard is that to wish for? How is life so against them being together?

"Donghyuck!"

Just when things were getting better between them.

Just when they were finding each other again.

"Lee Donghyuck!"

A group of people waiting by the lobby turned their heads towards the entrance after Mark caused a scene by aggressively pushing the glass door open and shouting a name the first thing he stepped foot inside the hospital. They then locked gazes with Mark who had agony visible in his eyes.

Jeno, being the one who called him, felt the need to check up on his friend. "Mark."

"Where's Donghyuck?!" Mark raged towards them, his voice cracking and showing a hint of pain in his tone.

"Mark, he's in the emergency room—" Jeno quickly held on to his friend's arm when he saw him take a step away.

"Let go of me!" Mark gave him a glare, warning him if he doesn't follow what he says. "I need to see him!"

Seeing that Jeno couldn't handle it alone, Jisung helped in managing the situation. "Mark, we're not allowed to be there. Why do you think we're waiting here in the first place?"

"I don't fucking care! Let go of— me!" Harshly pulling his arm back, Mark caused his friend to stumble.

However, just when he was about to run off to where his lover is, Jisung was quick to block his way, towering over him. "And then what? What are you going to do?"

"Move away, Jisung." Never in his years of baby-ing his youngest friend did Mark expect to use this tone towards him. "I'll use force if you continue to be stubborn."

"I'll be the one using force if you continue to act that way." Jisung threatened him back. He knew that there was no use in talking sense to him. Then again, he understood why the older male was being like this.