ꫂ eighteen

"Ah-choo!"

"Ah-choo!"

"Why did you even have to stay under the rain?" Mark nagged as he fixed the jacket that he let the younger borrow.

Donghyuck gave him a sheepish smile, "I had to do it for the plot."

Mark was genuinely worried for him but he can't help but chuckle at his humor. "But seriously, don't do it again, Sunshine. You'll catch a cold."

"You were also drenched under the rain with me!" Donghyuck stated, sulking and puffing his cheeks. "I'm the one wearing your jacket, so, you're more likely to get a fever."

He had a point. Mark only had one jacket that he stored inside his locker and he decided to let Donghyuck use it and keep him warm. In all honesty, the cold weather was freezing Mark to death, but somehow his insides were warm at the fact that he and Donghyuck were holding hands while strolling down the sidewalk.

After the moment they had under the rain, the both of them went back inside their building and waited for almost an hour for the downpour to stop. They barged to one of the vacant rooms and dried themselves up while waiting. The two were too tired to talk much. They just sat next to each other and watched the rain outside to pass by time. The room was quiet, but comfortable for them. It was till then, when Donghyuck dozed off to sleep, that the rain had stopped. Mark purposely didn't wake him up and patiently sat there until the two of them were ready to go home.

"Plus, I had no idea it was going to rain." Donghyuck told him. "I remember it was around after lunch when I broke up with Lucas. We were at the field, on a sunny day, Mark Lee."

Mark raised a brow, taken aback by how the younger emphasized the weather that day. "And what does that have to do with me?"

"You came running towards me at the field bringing an umbrella on a sunny day!"

Oh, he was just pointing out how ironic it is that he didn't have one right now when it's raining. Mark shrugged his shoulders, looking for an alibi. "Got to prevent skin cancer."

"You're unbelievable." Donghyuck laughed, nudging him playfully.

Mark also let out a chuckle. The two were once again walking in silence before Mark had to break it not moments after, "When were you supposed to break up with him?"

"Today, lunch break." Donghyuck quickly answered. However, he hesitated to explain.

It took Mark a few seconds to have it processed inside his head. "So, you delayed it?"

"I told you, I did think about it." Stopping his tracks, Donghyuck lets go of the male's hand. "I wanted to know what it'll be like to have a future without you."

Those words felt like nothing before. Mark could easily say that without feeling any remorse or guilt. Those were the kind of phrases that the two of them would often exchange whenever they get into an argument or fight over something (big or small). That statement was once just mere words to him.