Chapter 4-kiras pov

Today was the worst day ever...not the day when I discovered I had magic, not the day when my father began drinking, not the day when I was marked. This, training Axel is going to ruin my day.  Technically, I'm testing Axel to see what skill level he's at and how much weapons training he needs. But testing a hunter? Not just any hunter but the hunters leader.  I know that I have to stay calm and professional. I can not hold a grudge forever. But here I am with him in my pack..I know he's killed werewolves before and he calls us the monsters. I know that if Sierra didn't get dragged into this Axel wouldn't have a problem with killing us all. Now that he's not with the hunters, he has no one to help him...he has no choice but to be here.

Still I find myself wishing he died from that stab wound..I feel uneasy around him. As if his presence is a reminder that they won. That my magic and blades can not stop them, that I am helpless against the hunters. I hate feeling helpless...I've been helpless to many times in my life. I've been weak when my mother died, when my father became an alcoholic...all I did was watch and obey. I hid in the shadows for what I was, I watched my mother get burned for it. Now I've climbed out of that doubt..that feeling that my magic is wrong.

I know I've changed since I was marked, the shy, obedient daughter to the leader who has to be strong when others aren't. The leader that has to make sure everyone's okay before even thinking about myself. The leader that has to asses every threat. My gaze pinned to Axel as we walked through the green grass surrounding the cabin. Axel was talking to Sierra and Cassidy, who never seem to leave his side. Alyssa was walking in unison with me carrying various weapons: swords, daggers, bows and arrows.

Finally, Alyssa laid down all the weapons and we all halted. "The rules are simple. You can pick your weapon but no magic or any supernatural forces. This is a test of your abilities to fight..to see what we need to improve on. You can not seriously injure your partner. No deep flesh wounds." Her gaze not leaving me or Axel. "Basically don't draw blood. I have a better idea, they could just not do this?" Sierras voice was coaxed with fear. She looked tense any time me and Axel were in the same room.

"Wait, so we're actually fighting each other?" Axel wondered. What was he scared? "What did you think we were going to do? Your surrounded by teenage girls..what did you expect? That we would braid each other's hair and make friendship bracelets?" I scoffed. I heard Cassidy giggle and shout.."Can we actually do that though! I've always wanted a friendship bracelet!" I almost laughed, I didn't even know how to braid.

Axel reached for a sword as he muttered, "Asking Kira to not use magic is like asking her to show feelings besides anger and resentment... it can't be done." So, he's the hunters former leader and he has an attitude problem. "Maybe resentment is what you deserve, until you prove yourself." I grabbed my sword I used every fight, the sword Lucas used during his last. "I can restrain myself from using my magic but can you restrain your temper?" I snapped back. I can control my emotions and my magic they went hand in hand. You are  just sparring..forget who it's with, forget your surroundings and focus on your movements. This is practice..that's it.

Axel lunched forward his sword coming straight for my stomach, I swung my sword instantly. So it begins...I smiled as he tried to slam his sword against mine, hoping I would drop it from the impact. With my other hand I pushed his wrist and then jabbed my sword near his face, he didn't move fast enough and a blood begin to draw. He touched the scrape  and eyes gleamed with anger like the night I thought he was hurting Sierra. The night when I almost killed him.

He charged and I spun having my sword knock his to the ground, then I jabbed my elbow into his chest. Axel fell to the ground, breathing heavily. As I approached him, my sword came up to his neck, he grabbed it cutting his own hand and kicked my legs. I fell to the ground, my chest collapsed as the wind escaped my lungs. My ears began ringing and the man I saw before me was not Axel. The man was older and had a scar running down his face. His face was one I could never forget, one with no pity, this face belonged to the hunter that killed Lucas. I was weak before, when I couldn't save Lucas, now here he is right in front of me.

Before the man could move I rose to my feet. My vision faltered and there was no longer one hunter..there were three. Fear crawled into me and a shiver went down my spine, I was going to need more weapons. My magic roared in agreement and the weapons floated in the air. The hunters moved in unison, holding there swords in defense. They killed Lucas they deserve every dagger, sword and arrow we have because Lucas is never coming back and neither are they.

As I aimed the weapons Alyssa ran up to me. Putting herself between me and the hunters to stop me, like when she held me back from Lucas. I wasn't going to let her do it again. I lifted up my hand and Alyssa hit a tree and she remained unconscious. I heard screams behind me, begging me to stop. I remember Lucas begging for those hunters to spare those children, instead they showed no mercy, neither will I.

I launched the weapons and the hunters got stabbed in the stomach. I smiled at his pain, the pain I will always feel, the pain they deserve. The screams got louder but my own heartbeat drowned them out. The hunter and the forest began to fade..the ground swayed from under me. Each step became harder to take..each movement became forced. Everything was a blur as I fell to the ground. And soon everything was dark.