when your friend comes for a chat, but they don't know you're trans

a knock at the door interrupted the Stark-Rogers family.

"steve, honey, would you get the door?" tony shouted, reading a magazine.

"course babe!" steve replied

he opened the door and a teenage girl stood there looking kinda bored.

"hey, i'm wondering if patricia was available to come to the park?" the girl said, smiling widely.

"uh, yeah, sure. tony, dear, would you get patricia for me for please?" steve said.

"huh?" tony was obviously too absorbed in his magazine, and confused at the use of peter's old name. "oh, patricia, yeah, sure. i'll go get 'em."

he started up the stairs, but was met by a peter with a tear-stained face.

"pete, what's the matter?"

"i-i-i-i never told my friends that i'm t-t-trans. i-i-i can't go down to see h-her." he took a deep breath

"pete, calm down. we'll help you tell her. believe me, it was so hard for me to show steve to my parents, i hadn't even told them i was gay yet!" tony laughed and so did peter.

"come on, petey. go have some fun. we'll always be here for you." peter smiled and they walked down the stairs, holding hands.

his friend stood at the door, chatting with steve.

"tony, pe- i mean, patricia, we were wondering where you two had got to!" steve said, as he saw peter and tony walk down the stairs.

peter took another deep breath.

"h-h-hey, abs."

"trica! you've changed so much! i haven't seen you in so long, where have you been?" abi had always been nosy, overly confident and actually quite annoying.

"don't call me tricia." peter said bluntly.

"oh, why not?"

"because it's not my name. my name is peter. i hope you can live with that, abigail." peter stood up straight. (well, not that kind of straight.)

"well, my name isn't abigail. it's abi. and i accept you. i understand how you feel having a gender indentity crisis."

peter laughed and hugged abi.

"what do you mean 'gender indetity crisis'?" peter asked, after they'd finished the hug.

"i'm non-binary, pete. they/them pronouns, not she/her." they said an 'how did you not know that, you idiot' look on their face.

"well, i accept you too abs. i love you."

"love you too, petey."

they hugged again and walked off to the park.

"bye dad, bye pops! i'll be back by 6:30, i promise!"

a/n aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah