peter having a bad dysphoria day

A big thank you to rat_with_headphones for suggesting this!

I can't go to school today. I'm not ill so I can't stay home but I can't go.

I'm not going to pass. People are going to think I've given up the whole trans thing. They're all gonna think it's an act that I can't be bothered to keep up.

Oh god.

I'm going to have a panic attack.

I can feel my sweat dripping down my forehead and my breath getting faster and I can feel myself shaking and my eyes are tearing up.

"Pete, you okay?" Shit. Dad.

"Yeah, d-d-dad I'm fine. T-t-totally fi-ine." I replied, shaking like mad.

"You don't sound it." He's onto me. "Steve, can you come here?" He's calling pops and pops is like a detective when it comes to emotions.

I can hear him walking up the stairs.

"Pete, I'm coming in." Pops entered my room and sat down on my bed.

"I'm fine, pops."

"Pete, I can see you shaking, buddy. You're not fine."

"I-I-I need to go to school, pops."

"Pete..."

"I'll see you later."

I got up, grabbing my bag and left.

******

"Emily, pass me a pen." Some random student was talking to me.

I looked myself up and down, looking for something feminine about and I could only see Emily. Peter was nowhere to be seen on me. Only Emily.

I could feel the tears again.

"Miss, I need the toilet." I put my hand up.

She nodded.

I ran towards the bathrooms and stopped. Do I go in the girls because I look like Emily or the boys because legally I'm Peter?

I spent ages standing there thinking.

"Peter?"

"Miles!"

"You okay?"

I broke down in tears and collapsed onto Miles.

"I'm not having a good day. I look like Emily. I don't look like Peter. And I hate it. I hate myself."

"Pete." He looked right at me. "You look fine. If I didn't know you, I'd never know you used to be a girl."

"Thanks, Miles. God, am I glad to have a friend like you?"