Chapter 13

I am most certainly not back" I exclaimed, while stepping out from the shadows, "I simply did what had to be done to save my life."

"Well the way you took out Eris was extremely similar to how you used to take people" Murdoch replied.

I looked down and Eris, who was out cold on the ground. Because she was a Shadow Leader, my attack wouldn't do any permanent damage to her, but I still felt guilty seeing her look so helpless lying there. I couldn't let anything like this happen again, unless my life - or anyone else's for that matter - was in danger. 

Calina stepped forwards and gently grabbed my arm. " Come on, Ciara, you have to get changed back into your dress now." And I didn't argue. I knew he rules well enough to know that my dress was like a shadow walker uniform, and that not wearing it would cause Murdoch to freak out.

Suddenly Calina dropped my arm and froze. Eris was standing behind us, and she didn't seem happy. She pushed past Calina and grabbed my neck, almost strangling me. Murdoch just stood and watched, as if I was no longer of use to him, and before I knew it black mist was seeping out from Eris' free hand and surrounding me. Before long I fell unconscious.

     XXX

Birds chirping and the soft breeze blew through my hair and I span around in the grass. I heard dad sneak up behind me and tickle me, until I fell to the ground laughing. Then he took my hand, and held a finger to his lips signalling me to keep quiet, and we snuck up behind two people sitting on a bench. Suddenly dad sunk into the ground as a shadow, and crept underneath the bench. I stood and watched him quietly. It would be so cool to have a power like his. Dad lifted his hand up out of the ground and the black mist quickly surrounded the couple, and before they even got the chance to scream they'd been swallowed into the darkness. Dad was so quick at this that no one even batted an eyelid. He arose from the ground and put his hand on my shoulder as I stared at him with pride. Pride that my father was one of the greatest shadow walkers on the face of the Earth. "Can I tell you something, Ciara?" he asked me, then before letting me answer he said: "You have this power too." And her grabbed my arm and pulled me carefully towards the wall, and guided my hand through it. "Wow daddy look! I'm a shadow walker just like you!"...

      XXX

I woke up with a jolt. In a small room, I was sitting on a bench, surrounded by Eris, Calina and... Dad.  I was wrong when I thought I'd got all of my memory back. I was missing huge chunks from early on. Chunks like the one I'd just witnessed while I was unconcious.

"Ciara, I'm so glad you're okay!" My dad said, as he put his hand on my shoulder.

I shrugged it off. "I remember it now dad... I remember how I learnt about my powers..."

He just stared at me, but his eyes spoke the words he was thinking. He was ashamed. " Ciara... you have to know that I felt exactly the same way as you."

"Why didn't I remember that when I got the rest of my memory back?!" I asked him, and he looked at me blankly.

"What do you mean? I though you already knew and that you just didn't have time to confront me at our first meeting."

"Confront you? It's not that big of a deal. All you did was show me my powers, right?" 

He backed off, and his head tilted towards the ground. "So... you only remember that day when you were 5?" He asked.

"Only remember? No not again! This is exactly what mum did! Dad, if you know something that I don't you have to tell me!" I cried.

Before he could so much as get a word out, Murdoch dramatically entered the room. "Nice to see you awake, Ciara" He hissed through his teeth. "You've delayed our plans by taking your little nap."

"It wasn't my fault! Blame her!" I said, pointing my finger at Eris who was watching from the corner. She snarled at me like an angry dog.

"I don't care, Ciara." He hissed. "Come on, we have a busy schedule..."

Dad pulled me up off the bench and guided me out of the door. I tried to yank my arm from him, but he held onto it tight. " I don't want to lose you again Ciara," He whispered in my ear. "From now on you're not leaving my side"