Chapter 5

Leo's POV

They got back to New York with minimal attacks. One wind spirit, which Jason fried. One telekhine, which Leo pounded into dust. One harpy, which Calypso stabbed with a secret dagger strapped to her thigh.

And one Hydra, how it got on the ship, Leo had no idea, but Jason attacked it. He cut off three heads, which Leo burned. Calypso cut off two which were soon lit on fire but then the Hydra knocked Calypso down. Jason cut off one more in haste but was easily thrown aside as well. Leo yelled angrily while the Hydra towered over Calypso.

Three heads left? Fine, let's do this. He grabbed one of the spare swords they kept hanging on the wall, set it on fire, and swung furiously. That was one head down. He dodged a flaming stump and cut off another head. Two down. One to go. All the stumps (and the last head) swung at him at once. He did a Matrix slide under all the stumps and raised his flaming sword in time to decapitate the last head.

He felt suddenly tired, his battle adrenaline gone. Where did those moves come from? He thought, I've never used a sword for fighting before, and every time I practiced I came closer to killing myself than the dummy. He slumped over and leaned his elbow on the railing.

Calypso and Jason ran over to him. "Thanks for saving me Leo!" Calypso said, pecking him on the cheek. He turned pink at that.

Jason high-fived Leo, who took forever to raise his hand, he was that tired. "That was awesome, man! I've never seen you use a sword like that before! Where'd you learn to do that, dude!"

Leo shrugged, "I don't know Pika. I got scared and swung. Lucky shot."

Jason's mouth fell open. "What! That was not lucky? ONE head is lucky, but THREE?! I don't think so. You're a beast with that sword!

Leo rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly, "Whatever you say, Jace." He weighed his sword in his hand, it felt perfect.

It had a bright, rusty red hilt, but the actual blade was made of a mix of Celestial Bronze and Imperial Gold. That was the first sword of it's kind. He had forged it at Camp with the crumpled sword he had always wanted to burn and the metals that Camp Jupiter had sent over. It was sorta made for Leo but he thought he'd never use it, so he hung it on the ship as a decoration and a back-up. He was gonna keep it, he decided. He put it through his belt loop and walked towards the kitchen.

For hot chocolate.

***************time skip************

When they got back to camp, Calypso walked through the barrier easily. Everyone stared as they walked by. Jason was pulled away by Piper, probably to make-out. All of Leo's siblings introduced themselves to Calypso and many of his brothers gave him secret thumbs-up and a wink. As did many boys in camp.

They were walking through camp when two people walked out of their cabin. One of them stopped in his tracks the minute he saw them. He almost tripped over his own feet. "Ca-Calypso?" he stuttered.

She tensed under Leo's arm and leaned closer into him. He pulled her closer protectively. Her eyes widened at the boy but she eventually smiled tentatively at him, "Hello Percy."