Chapter 8

Annabeth's POV

How dare that bi**h try to steal Percy from me! We had been through Tartarus together and this ditz thought she could just break them up! Annabeth was not going to sit by and let it happen, she was going to set things straight.

Annabeth stalked up to Calypso, "How dare you! How dare you try to steal my boyfriend from me."

Calypso shook her head furiously, "No! Percy and I were just joking around. We're friends. Me and him can be friends right?"

"Friends don't flirt with other friends boyfriends!"

"We WEREN'T flirting, Annabeth! Anyone with half a brain could see that! Geez!" Calypso looked flustered, and really irritated.

"So since I think you guys were flirting, I don't even have HALF A BRAIN?" Annabeth was pissed now, this girl had flirted with Percy and now she was calling her stupid! That was it, she punched Calypso right in the face.

Calypso fell back on her butt, holding her nose that was pouring golden blood. Half the campers laughed and the other half glared at Annabeth, who really didn't care. She just smirked.

Her smile fell when Percy ran over and helped Calypso up. He face were full of emotions as he stared at Annabeth. He turned to Calypso and tilted her head back, "Go find Leo, he has medical stuff in his tool belt. I think he's in the Bunker." Calypso nodded, looking fearfully at Annabeth before turning on her heel and fleeing away down the newly made path towards Bunker Nine.

Percy turned back to Annabeth with an annoyed look on his face, "Why would you do that to her?"

Anabeth was suprised, "What do you mean? She was trying to break us up."

Percy glared lightly, "She was just joking around about what was going to happen on our anniversary date."

"What do you mean?"

Percy leaned in, "She told me to use protection."

Annabeth blushed brightly, "Oh, well, whatever. We should get going on our date soon, if we want to get to the resturaunt by our registration time."

Percy raised an eyebrow, "But you just punched Calypso in the face!"

"I'll apologized tomorrow, it's not important." She said, rolling her eyes.

"It IS important! You could have broken her nose!"

"I really hope I did." Annabeth mumbled.

"Look, Annie, you know I love you more than life itself, but I think we should take a break for you to, you know, get over your jealousy. A bunch of girls flirt with me at Goode and you can't go around punching them all in the face. The Aphrodite girls flirt with me and you don't break thier faces! How is Calypso any different?"

"She fell in love with you, that's how." the blond said desperately. She couldn't loose Percy.

"But she never made a move! Rachel kissed me, and you know that! But HER nose is perfectly intact. Calypso made an effort to be your friend and you punched her when she whispered something to me!" The camper's words were flying around furiously. Rumors being born, and passed along, and twisted, and spread even futher.

"Percy, please!"

"No, Annabeth, the minute you get over this I'll be waiting with my arms wide open." He kissed her lightly on the lips and walked towards his cabin, his hand raking through his hair. The campers made way for him as he strode away.

They stared, waiting for Annabeth's reaction to his sudden decision, but she was frozen. Percy and her weren't together anymore? No, they were taking a break, she reminded herself. She sighed, Step One: Apologize to Calypso.