lydia monét

"lydia!" odd name for an odd girl.
"yeah orange?" that's my brother, orange means calm. he's rarely sad or angry. he's lucky his eyes change.
"do you know where my money went?" he asks. god, i hate these questions.
"no. last time i saw any of your money, you had it." i look down, i hate when people see my eyes after a serious question.
"i probably shouldn't have asked you. i'll ask dad." he shrugs. he thinks i'm lying.
"i'm not lying, fabi." i say his real name.
"yeah." he says fast and starts to open my door and looks back at me.
"if you see my money, tell me." he leaves. i throw a pillow at the door in anger. i look at myself in the mirror of my vanity. my eyes are still green even though i'm sad and pissed. i start crying. i get up from my bed to get a closer look. i mean, my eyes are pretty but why green? out of all colors. i could've had happy eyes or honest eyes, but i got stuck with the eyes of a liar. i examine my face. i spot a pimple. i press my vanity and get PimplePills. i grab a water bottle that has probably been there for a while and slip the pill into my mouth and finish the water off. i watch as the pimple fades away. i'm 16 and have found every solution for my flaws except none for what mr.atters most. contacts make them look weird and they're expensive because we all have perfect eyesight, and they'll always be one color.
“lyd? are you coming to my graduation?” nova asks as i walk down the stairs. oh that’s today??
“uh, yeah, um, of course i am.” i respond while looking away. it’s my habit.
“lyd, i always know you're not lying. you don’t have to look away!” her eyes turn gold. i wish that happened with me. i stare at her eyes in awe. they turn pink. embarrassed.
“why are you embarrassed?” i ask gently.
“because! you keep staring at my eyes! are they weird?” she asks.
“no, no. they are gorgeous.” she looks into my eyes. i hurry and look down. i peek at her eyes and watch as they go from pink to yellow. she’s always happy, but what can i expect? she is only 10.