Chapter Eight.

"Bri, you told yourself that you weren't gonna do any more events for these bastards and look where you are. Back at the plantation once again." Bri told herself in her head.

The Hamilton's came back from their vacation and Drea needed to put a luncheon together for Normani and Noelle's line sisters. It was only right to call the best event planner in Louisiana. Bri was reluctant at first but when she say the check her petty thoughts about the family went away. To be honest Bri is cool with Drea, Barbara, and the twins, it's Derrick that bothers her.

Bri was outside making sure that the patio was set up for the lunch. Normani and Noelle were upstairs getting ready. This is the first time the girls have seen each other since Normani's party and they're just catching up on with each other.

"So how was your trip with Arin?" Noelle asked.

"It was nice, I got to meet his son and he's such an adorable little baby. We went for a boat ride, we shopped a little, and ate a lot. It was a nice little getaway." Normani said.

"You sure you ready to be a step mom?" Noelle asked.

"I haven't thought about that." Normani said.

Noelle chuckled and slicked down her baby hair with a toothbrush, "Sis you are twenty two years old. You're young, you're rich, and you're beautiful. You shouldn't be worried about potty training and nap time, you should be out there living your best life, not tied down to one person and their kid."

"But what if it works out it could be great." Normani said.

"Sis, dad is using you. He sees you and Arin's relationship as an investment. He wants to merge our business with Arin's and he's using oh to make it happen." Noelle said.

"Really Noelle?" Normani asked.

"Yes. Dad's using you." Noelle said.

Normani rolled her eyes and buttoned up her pink shirt. "I think that liquor is messing with your brain cells. Dad would never use us for financial gain." She said.

Noelle shook her head and pinned her AKA pin to her shirt, "You're right, dad wouldn't do anything like that he loves us too much." She said.

"Anyway, what'd you do while I was gone?" Normani asked.

"Hung out with Dame." Noelle smiled and turned down the collar on her shirt. "We ate, went for a few walks, some bike rides, he showed me some of his art, and we talked, a lot."

Noelle has been in a great mood lately and she has Damien to thank for that. He's helping her believe in herself more and she's doing the same thing for him. Sometimes all you need is for a real friend to come along and give you a confidence boost.

"Speaking of Damien where is he?" Normani asked.

"He had to go pick up some more stuff for the shed." Noelle said.

"I can't wait to see him, I miss him." Normani said.

"Mmhm." Noelle got up and went downstairs, Bri was standing by in her red pantsuit white a white v-neck underneath. "Hey Bri." Noelle said.

"H-Hey Noelle." Bri said.

Bri may or may not have a slight crush on Noelle, but Noelle doesn't know it yet.

The guest began pulling up and Bri welcomes them in. Most of the line sisters are super AK's meaning they think AKA is the best organization out there but and and the other ones shouldn't even exist. Others actually spoke to Bri when they walked by her. Bri said a quick prayer because she didn't want to go to jail for drowning someone in the pool this afternoon.