Dinner, and Drama

I walked downstairs, and saw that this dinner party, was more like a party.

My aunt had caterers bring the food.

There was shrimp, rice, steak, potatoes, potato salad, beans.

It was just everything and anything.

Hispanic foods, and American foods.

Someone hugs me from behind, and brushes his lips against my neck.

"Baby?! We look just amazing" Carlos hugs me.

I look around and see some family, and some of my aunts friends.

Then I see Shay, and Dj.

"Haha, babe, that is NOT what we're doing" Shay giggles.

Dj laughs, "of courseeee."

Carlos sees the sadness in my eyes, "come on, Jesenia is on her way, and Pedro needs to talk to you."

I walk over to Pedro.

"You have to talk to me?" I ask.

He smiles, "yes, umm, we were wondering if you wanted to go on a trip with us, to Mexico in January, after the court date and all."

I smile, "well, I have schooling, maybe if we went during christmas?"

I got my passport three years ago, just in case.

He nods, "deal."

I walk around greeting guests, and I met my aunts ex husband, again. Kyle.

He was tall, blonde hair, tan skin, and these bright blue eyes. He was born in the bahamas.

They seem to be missing each other.

"My goodness Carson Reina, how old are you now? Fourteen?." Kyle asks.

I smile, "I'm sixteen now."

He nods, "well where have you been all these years, you know me and your aunt been dating  again, for a while now."

I look at my aunt Leila, "well, keeping secrets? Haha. I'm just kidding, congrats."

My aunt is blushing too hard to even say anything.

I walk over to Joseph, and Alexa.

Then Jesenia shows up.

"Ooh, I've been meaning to introduce you guys. This is Jesenia, Carlos's sister, you've met Pedro and Jess. And Jesenia, this is alexa."

I introduced them to each other.

They began talking, and I left them alone with Carlos for a few moments. 

I had to text someone.

To mom😔💔: it's been a while since I texted you, I really miss you and wished you were here at the dinner party. You probably know about the whole 'Luis' situation. I've got court on December 5th. I was doing fine on my own for four years, and I started to depend on a man, I shouldn't have. Life's hard without you. I'm still going to college to be a counselor. I love you.

To dad😭💔: hey dad, I know you know about the whole 'luis' thing, and I can bet you're sitting in heaven with your shotgun, because he's the guy who broke me. I really miss you. I lost my basketball scholarship, but I have three other ones now. They gave me one for being of Spanish heritage?! Crazy right. I'm homeschooled right now, and I graduate this year. I'll go to college and become a counselor. I love you daddy, I miss you.

I texted my parents and sat in my room.

I wasn't expecting to cry, but I did.

Knock, knock knock.