Day 2 as a Demigod- The Voice of Fate

Cole led me to the border of Camp Half-Blood at full speed, I chased after him, but I wasn’t nearly as fast. He stopped at a pine tree that sat at the bottom of the camp. “This is Thalia’s tree. The Golden Fleece, right here, protects the camp by keeping the magical boundary up, and the magical boundary keeps the monsters out.” Cole explained.

   “Thailia?” I asked.

 “That is a different story,” he sustained. “Normally there is a little dragon that protects the camp too, but I think he is raiding the strawberry fields, over there past the big house.”

   I looked over that way. The big house was a big white farm house, with a large porch and peeling paint. The strawberry fields were scattered with Demeter kids, who were working with nymphs to tend the berries and shoo away hungry satyrs and mischievous Hermes kids.

 “This is the volleyball pit, if you want to do a mundane sport.” Cole pointed as we continued walking away from the big house. I laughed at the Aphrodite girls playing volleyball, fixing their hair and shirt after every hit.

 “What?” he asked, checking out the Aphrodite girls.

 “They constantly are fixing their hair, checking their make-up, and stuff. It’s so…” I thought for a moment.

 “Hot?” he offered. I punched him and laughed.

 “Stereotypical.” I decided. We started walking toward the center of the camp.

 “Downstream is the canoe lake, and that little spot is the arts and crafts studio.” Cole gestured.

 The studio is adorable, decorated with painting and flowers growing all around it. “Who are the hippies?” I asked.

 “Most Apollo and Demeter girls are like that,” he snickered. “They’re fun and the nymphs love them. But don’t aggravate one of them, they aren’t peaceful then. One time I accidentally smudged their paint at the studio with my sword and I’m not allowed in anymore. That was scary.”

 “I bet,” I looked at the girls playing tag around the studio and held back a laugh, imagining them chewing out Cole.

 “It’s not funny,” he sounded exasperated. I giggled and burst out laughing. He pushed me. I fell on purpose and starting fake crying.

  “Nikki? I’m sorry,” he sounded distressed. The hippie girls glared at him.

 “Cole is such a jerk. That poor girl,” one said.

  I looked at him and started laughing quietly so the girls couldn’t hear. “Oh, come on,” he barked. “That was low.”

 “I’m okay,” I said loudly so the girls cpuld hear and we kept walking.  As we walked past the lake Aphrodite girls giggled and lay in the sun, getting even more perfect tans. One of them waved at Cole and he winked. I rolled my eyes. A Zeus boy was chasing a Poseidon boy because he splashed him and the Poseidon boy was screeching. “Those are the Cabins, one for every major God and most minor gods. And the showers are there.” He kept pointing.

   “The amphitheater.” It was a large outdoor stadium, with Ares and Athena kids screaming as they raced around it in chariots.

 “That looks dangerous,” I eyed the chariots.

 “It’s a war god thing. It’s pretty fun, unless you ride with Mark. Mark is a son of Ares, and riding with him is terrifying.” Cole shuddered.  “Someone’s tougher than you huh?” I elbowed him.