Day 6 and 7 as a Demigod- The Cost of Commitment

I was sitting on the balcony staring at the sky with my arms around my knees when Molly came up. She sat beside me and looked up too. “He left,” I sighed. Molly was quiet for a while, thinking.

          “Do you know why?” she asked.

         “He left because he can’t help this quest anymore, because he wants to be safe in the Underworld, because he is just like his selfish father, and he doesn’t love me, and he never will.” My voice cracked. Molly looked distressed.

          “Did he really say that?” she asked. I nodded blankly. 

         “I guess I should have warned you more carefully. He does that, acts like he cares when he truly doesn’t, every time.”

           “You knew he would do that. Everyone told me, I guess I should have expected this. Even the prophecy foretold it.” I growled.

              “Oh yeah, ‘the world burn with a broken heart’.” Molly mumbled.

         “But it doesn’t matter.” I sighed.

         “Why not?”

           “Because I still have to stop the Sky War anyways tomorrow, or the whole world will burn, like the prophecy said. The gods can’t go against each other. I need to stop the war.” 

          “Yes, but how?  What could we possibly do?” she begged.

          “I have an idea.”

                                                                    1 Day until the Sky War

           The next morning I woke up with a breakfast set on the nightstand beside me. I rolled over and stared at the strawberries, bagel, sausages, and eggs on a white plate, a mug of steaming hot tea beside it. I take a sip. Today I am going to save the world.

             “Molly, you didn’t have to cook for me,” I called but I scarfed down the breakfast, my hunger greedy. I pulled a pair of shorts out of my bag but Aphrodite ran up the stairs to my room.

         “Oh no,” she scolded. “You are not saving the world in those.” I shook my head.

         “Who let Aphrodite in?” I called.

           “Sorry honey, I own this place.” She smiled. “And Molly told me your plan. I can help.”

            “Wait, did you agree to...?” I stared at her.

           “That’s me. Molly and I worked everything out perfectly.” She said solemnly. “I’m sorry, about Cole, about everything.”

           “It doesn’t matter. I have to focus on what I have to do.” I brushed her off.

         “Okay, in order to save the world properly, you have to be dressed elegantly, or else you will get no proper recognition.  Not white,” she frowned and stared at me.

         “I know,” she clapped. She snapped her fingers and I was in a whole new outfit. “This you will wear when we meet in the throne room.” She snapped her fingers again and my outfit changed. “And this you will wear until then.”

          I was wearing a tight black shirt, and I mean tight, it hugged me in every place possible, combat boots up to my shin, and red shorts. “Are you kidding me,” I sighed.