Day 2 and 3 as a Demigod- The Secret of Neve

The glowing lightning bolt of Zeus hovered above me, and the demigods began to clap. I looked around for Cole, but he vanished.  Before anyone said anything, the lightning bolt was gone. Chiron frowned, looking confused. Something was wrong.

And right then, a bolt of lightning struck and Zeus materialized before me.

     “I’m so proud of you, Neci,” he smiled. He had gray hair and a suit, and stormy blue eyes. I thought I was looking at my own eyes for a moment, we had identical eyes.

     “You’re my father? Zeus?” I asked.

     “Yes I am, and I’m very pleased. With the skills I have passed down to you, you defeated the wolves of Lycaon with no training, and-,” he was cut off by the squealing of tires as a familiar red sports car pulled up, and the blonde guy got out. “Apollo, what is your business here?” Zeus sounded irritated.

    “I’d like to ask you the same thing,” Apollo snapped.

    “She is my daughter,” Zeus replied.

    “Yes, but the only reason she was able to fight off those wolves isn’t because of the skills you gave her. I blessed her with the gifts of Apollo when she was a baby. And I gave her the dagger that she killed the wolves with, and the only reason she was alive to kill the wolves is because I gave her that dagger, I made Hephaestus make her that dagger himself.  And I have-,” Apollo yelled.

    “Neve-,” Zeus began.

    “Don’t bring up Neve, she is not who we are talking about, we are talking about Neci,” Apollo shouted, his eyes burning bright yellow.           “We are talking about Neve! Neve loved me, not you, and you have no right to Neci,” Zeus bellowed, his voice like a clap of thunder.

    “I have much more right to her than you, I protected her. If it wasn’t for me, she would be dead. And I have the right to claim her more than you do,” Apollo roared, I could feel heat radiating from him.

   “I am her father, and I already claimed her,” Zeus hollered, the wind was thrashing around us. The demigods stared in fear, Chiron looked perplexed. “And if you do not except that, then fight me.”

   “War it is,” Apollo snarled.

   “I will give you ten days to change your mind, and if you don’t then war is the only answer,” Zeus threatened. Then he disappeared with another strike of lightning. The wind died down and Apollo climbed in his red sports car and drove away, the tires squealing dramatically.    The demigods were silent for a moment, before everyone burst into conversation.

   “Everyone, head back to your normal activities,” Chiron instructed.

    “Make sure if you are wounded you get treated, and Carson, get the Demeter and Poseidon kids down here to help put out the fire and recover the trees. Miss Neci, come with me.”

     As the half-bloods began to shuffle and scatter Chiron led me to the big house to speak about what happened. “What do you know about what just happened?” Chiron asked.

    “I met my father, Zeus,” I began. “And the rest I don’t really understand, other than that Zeus and Apollo are going to start a war, something about claiming me.”

    “Yes,” Chiron nodded.

 “They mentioned my mom, Neve. I think I need to talk to her.” I asked.

 “Yes, of course. She would know something.” Chiron nodded. “Come this way.” He led me to the big house kitchen and turned on the faucet. He threw a golden coin into the stream of water and said some sort of offering or something to the goddess Iris and through the stream of water I could see my mom. She was sitting at the edge of our pool in a blue bathing suit. She had the same hair as me, the chestnut waves that surrounded her face. My mom was very beautiful; I had missed her so much. She looked so sad, her eyes downcast. I could hear my dad yelling from the house.