Day 6 as a Demigod- The Grudge of Hades

2 Days until the Sky War

                “What is going on?” I blinked open my eyes to a wooden ceiling with vines stretching across it, and flowers bloominng.

                “We’re in Olympus,” Mason stood over me.

                “Mason? Are you healed,” I asked.

           “Believe it or not, I am.” Mason grinned.

          “What happened? What did I do?” I remembered something, but it wasn’t coming back.

         “We were on the roof and the Stymphalian birds attacked, only you were well enough to fight them. I have to admit, you were badass. You jumped on the gold bird and stabbed it and then the silver bird plucked you up and carried you into the sky and you were falling and I thought you were dead and  I knew it was you controlling it.   And the bird landed on the roof and laid you down beside me. Then the bird, well that’s a little hard to explain.” Mason stopped.

         “I believe this is yours.” He opened a door to the outside and on the balcony I could see the large silver eagle perching on the railing.  “She brought us to Olympus.”

            I will serve you, Neci daughter of Zeus. I will serve my Master.

           I stared at the silver eagle, my heart catching excitedly. Thank You for Saving My Friends.

            Anything for you.

            “Mason?”

          “Yes,” he replied.

          “What God healed you?”

         “Aphrodite. She said Apollo was too busy to heal. And, well, she also said we could stay here.” Mason gestured to the cabin. “So, Cole said he thinks that we should train for a little while, because it’s not every day you get to train in Olympus. Molly is here, I’ll tell her you woke up.  It’s only noon. The Gods are going to meet in the throne room today, each god has to choose a side to fight on, Apollo or Zeus. We are hoping to stop the war then.” Mason nodded. He trudged downstairs, and moments later Molly entered.

           She sat at the end of my wooden bed. “Mason told you what happened?”

          “Yeah,” I shrugged. “I’m a bird person I guess.”

          “I was rudely disturbed from my nap on that roof by a terrible rainstorm,” Molly joked.

          “I’m sorry my near death experience caused you to wake up from your nap,” I giggled. We sat side by side on the bed, quiet for a few seconds.

           “I miss my mom,” I sighed. “If I keep going on quests, not that I definitely will, but how will she know if I’m alive or not. I mean, I’ll be too busy to Iris message her. And if I do die, she might not know for months, until I just never show up and she figures it out.”

         “Don’t worry, back at camp we’ll be heroes who saved the world from the Sky War. We won’t have to do any more quests.” Molly smiled. “We can just relax and watch the peasants train.”

          I laughed. “The Sky War, that’s a good name for it. But I don’t think that’s how Camp Half Blood works”

           “Don’t ruin my fantasy.”