Day 7 as a Demigod- The Beggining of Forever

The Evening before the Sky War

         Back at the cabin as Aphrodite patched up Mason’s wounds Mason bragged about his scuffle with Ares. “So obviously I couldn’t win a fight with Ares, the god of war. So I outsmarted him….” I tuned out. Molly was beaming as she set the blueprints she got from Hermes next to the super weapon Mason got from Ares. Our missions were successful, but the war was not over. That was left for the meeting.

          I was sitting towards the back of the cottage lounge; Aphrodite was patching Mason’s wounds, and Molly listening to their conversation, giggling occasionally, not taking her eyes off of Mason. I felt secluded from them all of the sudden. If Cole was here he would be by my side, the real Cole.

         “It was all thanks to Nikki that we convinced him, she talked to Cole and told him to convince his father.” Aphrodite and the others turned to look at me. I felt my cheeks turn red and tears overwhelmed me.

         “Nikki?” Molly rushed over to me.

         “I hate him so much, I hate this war. Why does it have to go like this?  There should be something easier,” I begged.

         Tears began streaming from Molly’s eyes too. She hugged me.

          “What is going on?” Mason asked, sounding suspicious.

          I sniffed and looked at him through blurry eyes. “The plan,” I began. “For at tonight’s meeting, the only way to stop this war is if I die.” I said.  “

           He stared at me. “No,” But then he had tears streaming from his eyes. "There is something else," he stared at me for a long time, savoring the memory.

          “This is no way to celebrate the savior of the war's life,” Aphrodite clapped. We turned and she was holding a small cake decorated with my name, a sun, and a storm cloud. I laughed, my voice still burdened with sadness.

         “Let’s eat,” she grinned. We celebrated something, who knows what?  We ate and danced to Molly’s music and I sang and enjoyed myself, probably for the last time.

          After the short celebration I slipped out of the room and to the backyard garden with a silver fountain. I threw a drachma in, it was time to say goodbye.

          “Hi, Mom,” I smiled.

          “Nikki!” She cheered. She was wearing a navy blue dress and make up, with her hair in a bun and she looked beautiful.

            “I’m in Olympus. Where are you going?” I asked.

          “Your father is bringing me to Symphony,” she gushed.

        “That’s great,” I felt truly happy for her. “I hope you enjoy your night.”

          “How is everything in Olympus?” She asked.

         “Dramatic,” I sighed.

         “It always is. But I believe in you.” She smiled.

          “I had a face-off with Hera today,” I snickered.

         “Oh boy. Listen I have to go,” she looked sad.

          “I love you Mom,” I sighed.

           “I love you too.” She broke the connection.