Chapter 9

Arthit's POV

Have I ever mentioned that Kong is good at every freaking thing. And honestly if he wasn't in the middle of helping me, it would be very annoying. For months now I have been disturbing my very precious sleep every night to feed a stray dog, too scared of taking on the responsibilities of a fragile life. On the other hand Kong had spent less than 45 minutes to bathe, feed, and create a makeshift bed for Batman. He had even found a vet online and secured an appointment for tomorrow to get him tested for flies or any illness. And currently, he was sitting on my bed scrolling through his phone searching for stores in the mall that sell pet supplies. How was he always so good at handling any situation. I would have been freaking out if someone woke me up at 3 in the morning and handed me a wet, smelly dog and told me to take care of it. But Kong, as always, seemed completely unfazed.

Also, it seems like he has a knack of knowing exactly when my brain is running in over drive. Even the very first night, I could have sworn I was helping him with his nightmares but it turns out I was the one panicking the entire time. I don't even know when he fell asleep or when he woke up. As soon as I knew he was safe and next to me I could finally shut my brain off. And it seems the trend has continued. Any night my mind even borders on restlessness it eventually leads to Kong crawling up my bed ready to deliver his pep talk. Not that I am complaining of course. I mean why would I, it's almost like I am living with my own personal therapist under my roof. If not for Kong, I am pretty sure I might have gone back groveling at Nam's door in the middle of the night months ago. And not to mention all the late night drunk texts he has helped me avoid. I know he has been dropping several hints about setting me up for a date with one of his friends but I am not entirely sure I am ready to date again. Although, when it comes to Kong I have realized every claim I make comes to bite me in the ass one way or the other.

For the time being, I am pretty darn content. Excited even. And I haven't had this feeling in a long time. We had dropped off Batman at the vet and were combing through the mall shopping for Batman. We had already bought more toys than he could conceivably ever need, but who knew shopping for stuffed toys could be so much fun.

"Kong? Is that really you?"

Kong and I simultaneously turned around to see a pretty looking girl, drowning in shopping bags, rushing towards us.

"Oh! Tia....Hi....What are you doing here?"

"Kong! It is so good to see you again. It's been so long. How have you been. How come you never call me anymore?"

"Uhh...I.....umm......I was supposed to call you?"

"Oh never mind that, good thing we ran into each other. I would love to have you shopping with me. Come, there are so many stores I need to visit."

"Uhh....Tia....hold on. I am busy today. I am here with my roommate. Oh, by the way, this is P'Arthit. P' this is Tia. My...uh....my..."

"Hi P'Arthit, I am his girlfriend."

Girlfriend, huh?

"Ex! My ex-girlfriend. Tia, we are kind of in the middle of something. How about I call you later? We can meet up some other time."

"When do you want to meet up then? I am free all day tomorrow."

"I think I...."

"No!"

Did that just come out of my mouth? I seemed to be as shocked as Kong and Tia at my very sudden, very unexpected outburst. Ah crap! I have no idea why I said that, but now I need to find an appropriate follow up.

"No?"

"Yeah, ummm.....we are almost done shopping now, and the vet said it would take a few more hours. I guess....we can join Tia now for shopping."