Preparations and Repairs

Mario Characters belong to Nintendo

The next day, Mario and Peach headed back to Luigi's mansion. When they got there, they found Luigi and Daisy asleep in the Corvette. They were both covered in grease and grit.

Mario gently shook Luigi and said "wake up bro."

"Huh? Wha?" Luigi mumbled as he opened his eyes.

"Luigi, wake up" Mario said.

"What time is it?" Luigi asked as he rubbed his eyes.

Mario looked at his watch and said "around ten. How late were you two working last night?"

"Until about five in the morning" Luigi said.

"Why were you working so late?" Peach asked.

"Edward never said when the race is" Luigi said "so we need to get these cars race ready ASAP."

He began checking his pockets. He looked at Daisy and shook her awake.

She groaned and said "what?"

"Do you have the list?" Luigi asked.

Daisy reached into her pocket and pulled out a piece of paper and handed it to him.

Luigi held it out towards Mario and said "can you two go to the real world and get these?"

"What are they?" Mario asked as he took the paper.

"The parts we need to fix up the cars and make 'em nice and fast" Luigi said.

"Sure, we'll go get them" Mario said "you two should get some more sleep. We will see you tonight."

"Ok" Luigi said as he closed his eyes.

"Don't you want to go inside to your bed?" Peach asked.

"Nah" Daisy said as she laid her head back.

Peach smiled and shook her head. She and Mario headed for the warp zone that led to the real world. When they came out of the warp zone, Mario made sure the coast was clear then climbed out. They went to the nearest auto parts store.

Mario walked up to the counter and said "excuse me?"

A man walked over to them and asked "how can I help you?"

"Do you have these parts?" Mario asked as he handed him the list.

The man looked at the list, whistled and asked "are you trying to break the sound barrier?"

"Maybe" Mario said smiling.

"I'll see if we have what you need" the man said.

"Thank you" Peach said.

They looked around the parts store while the man checked around in the back and helped them find what they needed off of the sales floor. When he finally finished gathering the parts, he called them over to the counter.

He rang up the parts and said "your total is: wow, twelve hundred and forty-two dollars and fifty-four cents."

"What payment methods do you accept?" Peach asked.

"Cash, debit and credit Card" the man said.

"How about gold coins?" Peach asked.

"What?" the man asked.

"Well" Peach said "I don't have that much cash, but I have these."

She took a handful of gold coins out of her purse and laid them on the counter.