e i g h t

•  

so... now i wonder, who are you then?"

his whole body stiffened after he heard the doctor's question. he immediately knew he had been caught.

despite her inquisitive eyes that stared at him with determination, he managed to remain calmed and collected. he chuckled sarcastically and looked down, a smirk drawn on his full and seductive lips.

"dr. park... you're so interesting." he said.

"and why is that?"

"well... you think you know everything about me." he said narrowing his eyes but fixing them intensely at her.

"you still haven't answered my question hyungwon-ssi? or do you have another name?

he cleared his throat and sat straight on the couch. "do you forget that i lived for over 6 years in seoul?" he asked calmly.

"i do not." she simply said smiling.

he remained silent for a few seconds, his face turning serious. "i learned the seoul dialect dr. park... it helped me to blend in quite well."

"blend in? – she asked, taking notes. he just hummed as an answer- where exactly?" she asked.

he shrugged. "university... work."

she knew she had him, twice.

"oh... in my notes – she said looking down – it says you were lonely in both university and work. it says... you weren't much of a groupie? like... maybe it's just me but hyungwon told me he prefered to be alone sometimes." she said reassuringly.

he remained quiet for a moment. maybe his mind working in different directions. he seemed lost in that moment.

soon leaned forward and removed her glasses. "so why don't you tell me your real name instead so we can get to know each other well?"

he swallowed hard. his full lips slightly opened as he took the time he needed to make a decision.

"you're a smart woman dr. park." his voice dropped an octave and it had a provocative and hypnotizing tone. his attitude changed in a second, as if he was someone completely different.

it was the new identity. it was there.

"why is that?" she asked narrowing her eyes, trying to play his game.

"how did you know?" he asked, crossing his leg to the other side. his aura suddenly changing into a much confident one.

soon shrugged. "i guess...i am good at reading people." she simply added.

he nodded. "fair enough... maybe that's why you're a psychiatrist."

"so... are you going to tell me your name?" she asked, avoiding any distraction.

but judging by his expression, it seemed he had greater plans before revealing his true identity.

"i don't think so dr. park... or maybe not right now."

she was clearly upset and disappointed. discovering a new personality by herself would be surely and admirable achievement in her career. but it also meant something negative.

since she started treating hyungwon, according by the previous doctor's notes, he only possessed only two more identities. but if he had developed a new one under her watch, it meant she wasn't doing something right.