s i x

•  

that night she spent it worried. she couldn't stop thinking about hyungwon and how he was under intensive care back in the clinic, all because of her.

first time it happened to her was with lee minhyuk, at the mention of his parents or when put in a room with sweets, his first days at the clinic, he'd pass out for days.

it worried her that this might be hyungwon's case, especially because the previous day, had been only her second day with him.

in the morning, she stopped at the emergency area to check on him and hyunwoo told her he was fine but still asleep. his vital signs looked fine and he only had a bit of a low sugar and that was now under control.

she felt relieved at the information and finally walked back to her office since she had another patient that morning.

kyunji received her with worried eyes. "good morning dr. park... how are you?" she asked as she followed her inside, carrying her usual folder, hugged against her chest.

"kyunji-ssi... i am fine and you?" she asked, leaving her coat on the hangers and her bag next to her desk.

"worried... how is... he?" she asked with a frown. soon knew she was talking about hyungwon.

"he's fine. progressing.... hyunwoo-ssi says he'll wake up in any minute." she said nodding reassuringly.

kyunji sighed in relief. "thanks god... i was afraid for what the board could say about you, you know..." she said.

soon understood her position. it worried her as well. if the board was unsatisfied with how she was handling hyungwon, they'd assign him to another doctor or even transfer him to another help center.

of course soon didn't want that. hyungwon was her patient now and he was her responsibility.

"it's fine. it won't happen."

kyunji nodded. "your patient is here." kyunji said glancing at her watch. soon nodded. "bring him in."

kyunji bowed and walked out of the office, through the main door.

a few seconds later, hoseok walked inside with a small boy behind him. he dragged his feet as he walked slowly inside the room.

"good morning dr. park." he greeted her flashing a wide smile, his deep purple hair being the only colorful point inside her office.

"good morning hoseok-ssi." soon walked to her usual chair and smiled at him. "how are you this morning changkyun-ssi?"

"that's not my name." he said throwing himself on the couch. he looked annoyed in his white medical gown. she glanced at hoseok confused.

he'd always come on his usual white clothes, a white sweatpant and a white long sleeved sweater. but that day he was on his medical gown.

"what happened?" she asked hoseok. he closed his eyes and sighed. "don't ask. i'll leave you two alone – he turned to look at changkyun – i am right behind the door, don't do anything stupid." he said shaking his head and walking out, glancing warningly at soon before closing the door.

she turned to look at him. "do you want to talk about what happened changkyun-ssi?"

"that's not my name!" he exclaimed clenching his fists. soon tried to hold a laugh.