s i x t e e n

•    

she tried to wait for the elevator but it was taking forever. her feet moved frantically around, somehow as her mind tried to find some explanation to what she have heard.

the first thing she did was looking around for hyunwoo. it couldn't be truth. but after she arrived the usual spot where the male nurses hung, he wasn't there. in fact, hoseok wasn't either, nor the rest. the place was deserted, so naturally, she went to the boss' floor, she needed answers.

on her way she thought about checking on hyungwon first, but a second after it didn't seem like a smart choice.

"miss park, let me announce you first- miss park! you can't go in there like that- his assistant tried to warn but she didn't listen. she pushed the door open and stopped on her tracks when her eyes caught the sight of a crying woman in front of the boss' desk.

"chaeyeong-ssi?" she asked, immediately recognizing the woman's face. it was hyunwoo's wife.

she glanced scared at dongkyu's side and then back at the crying woman. "what happened?"

"soon-ah... you should have called first, go back to your office, we'll talk later." he said but soon didn't plan to go anywhere.

she approached the woman. "chaeyeong-ssi? what happened?" she asked, eyes filled with fear, but the woman only limited to cry.

"please, go home... i'll call you back in the morning." dr. lee said, leading the woman to the door.

the wife was inconsolable, she kept crying until the door was finally closed. "what happened sajangnim?" she asked worried, following him with her eyes widened.

"there had been an accident... i – he shook his head, running a hand through his silver hair – that patient of yours... he- he looked at her for a moment and sighed."

"i am so sorry soon-ah... i shouldn't have- he stopped talking as he buried his face on his palms.

"what happened to hyunwoo? what happened with my patient?" she demanded answers.

"there had been... a situation-

"what kind of situation!?" she said almost yelling.

he looked at her with tired eyes. "we don't know exactly how but... hyungwon got in possession of a knife and he- it seemed he was having a hard time talking – he stabbed hyunwoo."

soon's hands automatically went to her mouth, covering them as if she was covering her shame. "w-what?" she asked.

"he hit vital parts and now he's in intensive care, still alive thankfully but severely injured. he was taken this morning after he was found stabbed on the bathroom."

"where's hyungwon?"

the man was silent for a few seconds. "we had to call the police."

"what!?" she asked almost yelling. she couldn't believe her own situation. "you can't!" she quickly added.

"listen... soon-ah, i know he's your patient but what he did- i-it's a crime... he shouldn't have been in posession of a knife. w-we don't know exactly how that happened, we're making investigations but- listen... he's a criminal-

"he's not! he just needs help." there was a point she couldn't believe how she was still defending him.

soon didn't know exactly what happened between them but she was sure it hadn't been hyungwon, at least not the real hyungwon.