t h i r t y

•    

"what did he do to hyunwoo?" she tried to not sound too shocked. she didn't want to give him any reason to believe she was scared.

he shrugged. "i thought you knew dr. park." he said confidently, moving his head to a side.

"i wanted to hear it from you."

"why? it's not like i did it myself."

"that i don't know for sure." the words clearly hurt him. she noticed how he clenched his jaw and a hint of anger crossed his eyes.

"do you believe i'd do such thing to another human being dr. park?"

"what thing?" she was defiant. there, in her office, she knew she had to show she was the one in control. she couldn't keep a low head with him, she had to be defiant.

he chuckled bitterly. "please... we both know exactly what happened."

"i know it because hyunwoo-ssi told me himself, but how do you know it?" his eyes turned cold for a second, as he stared at her motionless.

"he told me as well." he finally said, after swallowing hard.

soon frowned. "hyunwoo?"

he laughed. "of course not... nam gun." she noticed how his left eyebrow lifted and for a second she cleared her throat as she looked down, glancing at her notes.

"anyway... now that you mention him... what else do you know about him? do you know why he did it?"

she noticed how he balanced his crossed legs in a rhythmical pace. as if he needed it to feel comfortable or to keep himself calmed.

soon knew these things were usual in patients who suffered from nerves. "does it make you uncomfortable talking about him?" she asked.

she noticed how his face turned serious but a hint of nervousness remained behind his confident eyes. "i am not easily scared dr. park... i am not afraid of him."

"but you tell i should."

"that's because... you should."

soon narrowed her eyes, playing with her pen. "why? do you think he'd hurt me?"

his eyes widened softly, he seemed uncomfortable at the mention of it. "either way it wouldn't matter... i won't let him."

she opened her mouth to say something but quickly regretted it. soon wondered how he was going to stop it if nam gun's identity was also stuck in the same body as inho and hyungwon and haejun.

"you believe it, right?" he asked. soon knew exactly what he was talking about. it seemed to be important for this identity to show care and concern about soon's safety, even if he looked like a cold and sophisticated business man who lacked tact and had his own morale.

she swallowed hard. " of course i do and i thank you for that... - he smiled and nodded softly – but i don't think that's be necessary... we have everything under control and if we needed help, rowoon is right behind the door."

somehow the mention of rowoon almost made him throw up. in a way, hyungwon and his identities preferred hoseok instead.

"can i ask you some questions about nam gun since you seem to know him very well?"

he hesitated for a few but then he nodded. "i guess."

"right. – she looked down to her notes and nodded – about that night, what you'd say was nam gun's real intention? why he did such thing to nurse hyunwoo?"