Small yellow bird

Bailey's POV

I had been driving for what felt like a week at this point, but it was only a few hours. It's hot and there is nothing, not a living breathing person around. It had gotten weird since Jake left. It was always buzzing there were always people in town. It's as if he died and everyone wanted to hide in their houses. But I knew he hadn't died... yet. I just kept driving and driving until I couldn't anymore. My eyes started to hurt. Nothing was going right anymore. He kissed me and I kissed him. Gavin says he isn't mad but who is to know the truth. Everything has been turned upside down. I stop to get some gas and I got this odd tingle down my spine, like someone was watching me. I looked around. There is only 1 person standing in the gas station but he is turned the other direction. I can hear a rustling noice off to the side near the dumpsters. I walked towards them nervous of what I might find. It's not every day that there is noise coming from the trash. As I get a bit closer it starts making this clicking noice. I stop. The sound gets louder and starts to echo. My blood starts pumping and my adrenaline is off the charts. I grab a rock and throw it at the metal dumpster. I hit it and it makes a ringing noise. Then out of the blue, a yellow bird comes flying out of the trash. I wasn't expecting it so I shrieked. After I got my heart rate back to normal I went in to pay for my gas. I filled up my car and kept on driving. It was like I had no where else to go except forward. The road just seemed to stretch on forever. I was hoping he would call me soon. Well he did and when I answered he started to scream. He couldn't understand why I went to look for him. But I needed to get to him. I missed him and I was worried. I went down the road a few hundred more miles and I stopped to use the restroom. I walked back out to the car and when I had, there was a little yellow bird. It was like it followed me. There was nothing else for miles, not a soul of the living.