Long Straight Road

I have finally regained focus. My witts have overcome my reasoning. Was kissing Bailey a mistake. What if something happens. What if we start dating. What if this messes up our long lasting friendship. I don't know what to do. Am I actually over Cheyenne already. I mean it's only been a few days after she broke up with me over text. But if I was never late for our dinner date maybe she wouldn't have broken up with me at all. Or maybe she would have anyways. So much for trying to clear my mind I guess. I had started back on the road at 6am this morning. It is now 3pm. I have been on this boring road enough. I was pretty sure I was heading west. Towards California and Oregon. By now I was probably through Texas. I turned on the radio. It seemed as if nothing was gonna come through on this deserted piece of land. But Don't Stop Believing by Journey came on loud and clear. One of my favorite driving songs. It had a sense of urgency and availability to the music. And within seconds the song ended. And my all time favorite song came on, Karma Chameleon. I fell in love with this song at a very young age. The music video was even more intriguing. I was singing this song at the top of my lungs by the time I was 5. Now 17 it was still my favorite. At the top of ever playlist on my phone. I pressed harder on the gas as the chorus came through the radio. I looked at the speedometer. I was doing about 70 mph. I decided to stop at around 6pm. It would make for a good 12 hours of straight through driving. I was hoping to make it to Sacramento by tomorrow. I found a nice tree covered area to stop and sleep for the night. As soon as I parked I practically passed out. I had a dream. I heard Bailey calling for me. I woke up. I looked out the window towards the beaten up highway. I saw her wandering around on the opposite side of the road. She was calling out to me. I got out of the old rusted pickup I got from my brothers friend. I called back to her. It was still dark out. It looked like the sun was trying to reveal itself. I called out loud. I yelled her name. She turned and faced me. It seemed as if she didn't see me, only heard me calling for her. She kept yelling my name. The highway was empty. Not a car in sight. I ran across the highway. Running towards her still calling her name. She turned around and the turned back. And kept looking for me. Nothing was making any sense at the time. I decided it was useless to chase after something that didn't want me the way it wanted it. I crossed the road. Walked back to the truck. As soon as I cleared the road a whole crowd of cars zoomed by on the long stretch of highway. I turned around astonished as to where all those cars came from there were enough cars to hold the maximum number of people allowed in a football field. And there would still be some empty vehicles. The realisation hit me that I shouldn't have kissed Bailey. The dream was trying to tell me that Bailey just wanted to be best friends like we always have been. I'm glad I realized that or I might have tried to have a love relationship with her and it would mess up our friendship. Well I wonder what my conscience was trying to tell me by having her look for me in my dream. Well I guess I would soon find out. I called Gavin as soon as I could find a phone to use. "Hey Gavin can I talk to Bailey" I asked. "Dude she ain't here," he said starting to laugh. "Where the hell is she?" I asked. "She left a note saying she was going to look for you. Said she was gonna head west," he said. She can only go so far west. After all we do live in Georgia. "Damn it! Dude I'm almost in Sacramento, California" I said.