Introducing

Sadie's POV

I just got off work when I got a tightness in my stomach. It was an unusual feeling. One I cannot describe. I pulled into the driveway and next to momma's car. I run inside and Zeda greets me at the door, as per usual. She jumps up on me and as she runs into my room she turns around to make sure I'm following. When I get to my room she is already laying on my bed next to a strange box. I sit down next to her and she climbs up into my lap and curls up. I open the box and the first thing I notice is a letter.

Dear my beloved Sadie, I know I have been gone for awhile and I'm very sorry for my absence. I don't have a normal job like most of your friends parents but I can't help it. When I enlisted I wasn't expecting on having such an amazing daughter like you. You are my whole world and you are the reason I come home. I will be coming home soon. I can't tell you where I am just know I love you and you will always be my little girl and I will always be your father. With very much love, Daddy

I started to cry after reading the first line. I miss my dad. Sometimes it's difficult to wake up in the morning and go on with my day as if it's normal. I dug down farther in the box. There was a jar with my name on it. I pulled it out and opened the top. It was filled with sand. Yeah, I know what you are thinking, omg your dad gave you dirt in a jar. Well think of it from my perspective, my dad is halfway around the world, he can't tell me where he is and he has no way to buy me a gift from a store. The sand was a great gift. It symbolized hope and it gave me a reason to keep pushing through. I put the jar on my desk on top of the letter. I have a wall dedicated to letters from my dad I just had to find space for one more. Mom was already asleep by now. So I made some popcorn and went back in my room to watch a movie and get some sleep.

Sadie's dream

There was a guy. Around 6 and a half feet tall with beautiful eyes and great hair. He was holding a baseball bat. Just swinging it around. He looked familiar but I couldn't place him. Then something flashed and he was in an old pickup truck. Then it flashed again and he was covered in blood. There was no explanation for any of this. Just those 2 flashes.