Amnesia » 8

listen to the quiet things that no one ever knows by brand new.

Evelyn was glad that there was some progress being made between her and Luke. Luke had his head rested on his shoulder, his long fingers intertwined with hers. "How in love were we?" He asked her softly, gently stroking his finger against her hand. "People would look at us and instantly smile. They thought our love would last forever, there would be the occasional older couple that would come and talk about how cute we are together." She laughed softly at the memory. 

"The guys would joke about it too. They say that you're whipped, you'd do anything for me. While they went out and got laid, you stayed with me and made a commitment that we'd both lose our virginity's to each other. Of course the guys disagreed with your choice, you're a teenager you should have fun. You just shrugged it off. You loved me and you'd tell me that everyday.." She whispered, her eyes watering. 

She hated how she got so emotional but the thought of how they used to be brought tears to her eyes. She knew there could be a chance where Luke may never act the exact same way, that was one of her fears. Taking in a shaky breath she looked at him. "We kept it safe and slow." She told him, his eyebrows furrowing in conclusion. "We knew what to keep to ourselves and what to share, each of our kisses and intimate moments were slow and passionate. Each kiss harboured love, lust and affection.." She whispered. 

Luke nods, listening to the words she spoke. Evelyn went on about their love and how happy they were and this made Luke take many things into consideration. He also thought about Evelyn, how she looked so emotional speaking about it. Was it because of his current state? As he's thought before, if he could undo it he would. His new desire was to keep this beautiful girl happy and to understand the life he once lived. 

"Let's do something today." Luke spoke, Evelyn simply nodded in response. "We can go to beach." She said softly, getting up and rushing to her room to change into a summer dress and flats. When she left Luke sighed, beginning to beat himself up. "If that night didn't happen, I wouldn't have amnesia, I wouldn't of forgotten about the girl I used to love." He whimpered softly as he continued to regret everything that had happened/ 

Soon Evelyn called him and he was still sulking. "One minute Eve," he whispered, Evelyn beeing lucky enough to hear him. "Take as long as you want.." She assures him. Luke quickly began to get ready. 

"Could the guys come as well?" He asked her softly, meeting her down at their front door. "Yeah, of course. I'll text them." She told him, quickly typing in a message to all of the guys. Each of them accepting the invite. "They're gonna meet us there." She told him and he smiled at her. "Okay," he said and gently placed his lips against her cheek.

"Thank you Eve." He smiled, his smile being so infectious that she couldn't help but smile back at him. 

The couple walked out of their house and straight to their car.  Evelyn began to drive to the local beach where they met up with the other guys. Choruses of "Hey Luke," and "Hey Eve." Came from the guys, the pair smiled softly and waved in sync.

Their friends simply laughed. "Ashton's gonna barbecue today." Calum chuckled, walking over to Luke. "Okay?" He asked and raised his eyebrow. Evelyn gently nudged him to get his attention. "We used to all go to the beach together, almost every week during the summer and you were the one that barbecued." She laughed softly, Luke nodded and chuckled. "God, let's hope Ashton doesn't poision us." Michael joked, causing everyone to erupt with laughter. 

Ashton snapped towards you guys and pouted. "I'm not that bad..." He defends. "The only thing you used to make was broccoli and spaghetti." Calum pointed out with a chuckle. Ashton rolled his eyes. "I was a teenager." He defends himself again. "You were nearly twenty!" (A/N: HES TWENTY NOW AND IM GONNA CRY) Evelyn told him, causing Ashton to cross his arms and let out a groan of defeat. "Why am I friends with you guys, you're so mean!" 

Luke laughed along with Evelyn, cautiously he wrapped his arm around her waist and she leaned into him. This caused a smile to appear on her face, Michael also looked at the cute pair and smiled. He was probably the one that had "shipped" them the hardest. They were just destined to be with each other, no matter what they'd encounter they could make it through without a dent in their relationship.

This was probably the biggest challenge for them but they were slowly getting through it. One day at it time they could do it. Everyone believed in them.