Amnesia » 9

listen to when you see my friends by mayday parade

"This soon!?" Evelyn cried out once the guys had came up with the idea of Luke going on tour with them once again. "Eve, he was off for the wedding." Michael began then stopped, he knew it could trigger an unwanted emotions in Evelyn.

Luke was just looking at the people in front of him, completely lost and confused. "Fine.." She whispered, looking down. "You have to teach him the guitar riffs and lyrics, because he's forgotten the new stuff." She told them softly, gently holding Luke's hand. 

He looked over at me. "What's going on?" He asked Evelyn in a soft tone. She simply played with his fingers nervously.

"They want you to go back on tour with them.." She answered, looking up at Luke. Her eyes were watering, she was afraid that he could find someone better on tour because he still didn't know who she was. 

Luke instantly felt a pout tug at his lips at the sight of the beautiful girl tearing up. As if it was instinct he wiped the tears away. "Don't cry beautiful." He said, gently pressing his lips to her cheek, allowing them to linger quite a bit. 

"Why don't you come on tour with us?" Ashton piped in. Evelyn looked up at them hopefully. "Are you being serious?" She whispered, biting down on her chapped lips.

"I'm serious." He assured her sternly. "Luke needs you... We also need you to keep us on track..." She laughed softly, while agreeing.

"I'm afraid.." She said, pulling Michael out of the room. Since they were the closest and he was the most sympathetic to their situation.

"Why?" He inquired, he believed that she didn't have a reason to be afraid. 

"What if he finds someone better..." She asked. "He still talks to Andrea." She said shamefully.

"How do you know?" Michael asked, raising his eyebrow. "I checked his phone.." She sighed, looking down at the floor that seemed interesting to her at the moment.

Michael sighed, he didn't know how to answer her. He was at a loss for words, he knew that he'd be upset if his fiance was doing that to him but he couldn't say anything because they were in a totally different position.

"I know I shouldn't do it Michael." She said, no longer being able to take the silence. Evelyn felt like he was judging her by keeping quiet.

"Just let time do the work." He told her softly, she was so confused. What did he mean?

"You'll understand." Michael hummed, pecking her forehead quickly and the pair walked back to the group. 

Luke had their eyes glued to his guitar as Calum began to show him what he had to play. "I had to play your bits for a few small gigs while you were in the hospital." Calum told him.

Luke shrugged, "thanks mate." He said softly while he began to get the hang of playing. It just came to him instantly and he could just manage to play it correctly.

"Now, can you sing?" Ashton joked trying to make light of the situation. "I guess?" Luke laughed, standing up and handing his guitar to Calum.

Then Luke began to sing, Evelyn had the biggest smile on her face as she heard him sing the one song he wrote to her.

"I know the meaning of this song!" He exclaimed, instantly looking over at Evelyn. 

"This was when I told you I loved you" He started, smiling at her softly. "I was so nervous, so I wrote a song and everything came so easily.." 

"You looked so beautiful, you were even tearing up.." He laughed softly, walking up to Evelyn. "You were wearing a white dress, your hair was in pretty loose curls." He continued describing the moment. 

"It's coming back." He smiled appreciatively. Evelyn smiled, lightly pecking the corners of his lip. "I love you," Luke nodded, smiling.

"I.. Love you too." He stuttered, even though he knew he did, he still wasn't sure and this tore her apart once again.

"Uh guys! I'll pack when I get home, but I have plans." Evelyn knew about his so called plans and knew she'd have to get over it.

The guys chorused with a 'goodbye' while Eve decided to make her way up to their bedroom. The guys decided to give her alone time, which was definitely needed.

She cried, she had been accustomed to it now. She looked through photos of them, they looked happy, careless and in love. Well they were?

Or still are..

Evelyn went through her phone and broke down harder as she saw the pictures. 

He was kissing her.

He lied to Evelyn. He lied. 

Evelyn cried, she screamed, she tried her best to get her best to release her frustrations so she did what she hadn't done for what felt like decades. She decided to play the piano. 

She was glad that they had created a music room, both of them sharing a mutual love for music. 

Evelyn made her way to the piano, with intentions of playing her favourite song. 

"You're adorable as hell, but I'm glancing at your wrist.."  Evelyn sung softly, while playing. Soon getting to the end she began to sing with more emotion. The pain evident in her voice. 

"You gave me the time of my life and it cut like a knife to the bone.." 

She went on singing as tears slid down her cheeks. When she decided it was enough, she had received a text from Luke.

"Hey, I'm spending the night at my friends." She didn't know what to reply with so she sent him a basic, 'okay'.

What could she say? He clearly found no interest in her. Her mind believed lies over the truth. 

She had given up on her hope. It was all false, she had to give up and that's what she was doing. 

The next day, Luke came home around noon. Evelyn was distressed, she had bags under her eyes while they were also red and puffy from the amount of crying she had done that night.

"Are you okay?" He asked, softly. 

"No." She said slowly. "I'll never.. be.. okay." She stuttered, feeling fed up.

"Stop lying to me." She told him sternly. He stared at her. "What?" He questioned, completely taken back.

"You're lying to me Luke, and I'm fed up with it. I give up.." She told him, hoping her voice won't crack as she began to discuss her feelings with him.

"I've lost hope in our relationship." She said. "I love you so damn much Luke, I really do. I will always love you but I can't. I don't feel like you even put an effort in wanting to remember us... Remember what we had.. What we went through.." 

Luke looked at her, he felt like crying but he couldn't. 

"I know you spent the night with her, you cheated on me." She sniffled, her voice finally cracking as she pulled the engagement finger off her marital finger.

"This is a commitment and you broke that commitment." She demonstrated, using the ring then placed it on the counter.

"I'm going to Michael's. I hope you have a great life with Andrea."

this was my favourite chapter, I hope you liked it.